Baby wearing for beginners

CharmedKirsty

Reaction score
I'm looking for a carrier/sling recommendation for a newbie baby wearer?

If you're willing to invest in 2, I'd say a k'tan and one of the good soft structured carriers. If you only want one, I'd go with Boba (I'm not a fan of Ergo until 4ish months).
If you're willing to practice, ring slings are awesome (all kinds of different carries, amazing to nurse in from newborn to toddler), but I wouldn't recommend it as an only carrier and isn't great for wearing for long periods (think hiking or busy fairs with lots of walking for you) once they're heavy.

Stretchy wraps are good... You can spend as long as you like putting it on and getting it right, then pop baby in when you're ready. Although they're only really suitable for young babies. Once they get heavier you would need a woven wrap instead.

I'd suggest going to a sling library and trying them out. I could never get my head around a wrap favouring a mei tai.

Then when you know what you like you can invest in something beautiful you know you will use.

Do you have any sling libraries in your area? If you can get to a library or trial session, I would definitely recommend it! My local library also do personal consultations which I found really useful. It was about £15 for an hour consultation which was great, I could ask as many questions as I wanted, try as many different styles as I could and take as long as I needed to make sure I could use the carriers correctly.

Some of them do trials by post as well. I have tried various slings/carriers with my LO. I have tried stretchy wrap, boba 3g, wompat, ring sling, hippy seat and a Scootababy. All have had their plus points and down sides. Ring slings are good but I personally struggle with them and dont really like them. I liked the boba 3g and I loved my Wompat for front carries. I am currently using a Scootababy which is working well as my lg really loves being hip carried. Its worth bearing in mind that most well known carriers hold their value and can be sold on if they dont quite work for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->