Baby Wearing Question...

CookieCrazy

Mummy To Finley!
Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and I am thinking really seriously about baby wearing. I was just wondering if there is any one here who baby wears all the time and does not feel they need a pram? Or if a pram is pretty essential?

I am pretty clueless about the whole thing and just looking for any advice:wacko:

Thank you:thumbup:

xxx

I have a pram....its not been used and I dont think it will be!
I wear Theo wherever we go. His carseat lives in the car and I am currently using a Moby wrap to carry him in. Ive been out shopping, visiting, taking the dogs out, doing my horses and all sorts with him in the wrap and havent even thought about the pram.
TBH I cant see me needing to use the pram at all, I may well end up using a pushchair once hes older (eg when he is wanting to walk around himself but sit down for a while between times) but honestly I cant see me using the travel system, I only have it because it was given to me. I wouldnt have bothered buying one.
My last one I carried a lot as well. He had a travel system that by the time he outgrew it Id used it so little it still had those rubber spike bits on the wheels still, think we used it a dozen times!

Thank you for replying.
I was worried that if I bought a pram I would feel I had to use it out of guilt of buying it, so its great to hear you can do it with out one! Made my decision alot easier.

xxx

Meeeeeeeee :D ! I have a pram but its been used about twice :rofl: and that was only when I couldn't walk after labour! I would get a pram just for back-up, not all babies like being worn :( some will scream and scream and not like it, and some like mine will just love it :D if your not planning on using one much I would get a cheapy travel system then if baby likes being worn you wont have wasted money :D ! And if they don't you have the option to buy a better one ^_^ good luck and congratualtions lovely xxxxx

Good advice!:thumbup:

So what wraps/baby carriers do you use for your babies then?

Bet you can tell I know no baby wearers!

xxx

I have a Moby wrap I use now an ellaroo woven for use once its warmer (ha) and a connecta for once hes 6 months+ ish.

I use my pushchair for shopping and that's only cause I don't have a car!
We have a mei tai and a storch wrap, but we did have a homemade ring sling and a moby wrap. I love wrapping the most although my mei tai is a very close second! I'm waiting for a ellaroo wrap to turn up aswell.
I personally would get a pushchair, as I'd rather have one and not use it than not have one and need it. We got a Quinny Buzz 3 which RRP£300+ but I got it on Ebay for £179 with the carrycot, I don't see much point in spending too much on something I was pretty sure I wouldn't use much

There's a sticky baby carrier review thread at the top of the page. I use pram if I'm out for a while as I find it arkward eating and drinking with him in the baby bjorn and i don't feel confident he has enough room to move over a longer period. I wish i has a ring sling or similar so that i could wear him on my hip. Maybe that's something to consider if you're thinking of constantly wearing. If you aren't going to use a pram much just buy a buggy that reclines far, rather than a pramette or worrying about putting a car seat on the chassis maybe?

I have 4 ellaroo's now :blush: 3 & one on the way :rofl: can't reccomend them enough :D x

:wave: hi :) i have a Quinny and my carriers and i only use the Quinny if OH wants to have her in the Quinny as he sometimes likes to push her (he refuses to wear her :cry: ) TBH i dont think we need the Quinny (but its pretty and i wanted it :blush:) ..as for which carriers.....i currently have a Moby wrap which is great i totally LOVE it tho i think i am gonna need a woven wrap soon for longer carries as its starting to sag afte a couple of hours. i also have a peanutshell pouch sling and a home made Ringsling which are both great for quick carries or if she's being particularly nosey and wants to see out LOL

hope that helped some hun

sara

xxxx

:wave: hi :) i have a Quinny and my carriers and i only use the Quinny if OH wants to have her in the Quinny as he sometimes likes to push her (he refuses to wear her :cry: ) TBH i dont think we need the Quinny (but its pretty and i wanted it :blush:) ..as for which carriers.....i currently have a Moby wrap which is great i totally LOVE it tho i think i am gonna need a woven wrap soon for longer carries as its starting to sag afte a couple of hours. i also have a peanutshell pouch sling and a home made Ringsling which are both great for quick carries or if she's being particularly nosey and wants to see out LOL

hope that helped some hun

sara

xxxx

I have a pram and a Babyhawk mei tai. At first, I used the pram mostly but now I haven't used it for weeks as she much prefers being able to look around properly from the mei tai. I think I will start using the pram again for longer day trips though, as she's too nosy to have her proper naps in the mei tai and ends up overtired. In the pram, I can put up the hood and she goes to sleep.

My LO is just over 5 months old and we don't have a pram and I can't think of a single time where I wish we'd had one. I have a moby wrap which was fantastic but I've just bought a storche wrap as woven wraps are more supportive as they get bigger. I will probably consider getting a lightweight pushchair soon - one that lies flat - so that LO can nap when we're out and about. He'll nap in the sling but only once we've walked for a while! As he's got older, he's less happy to sit in the sling unless I'm moving.

HTH!

Hi I just wanted to say go with what you feel.

After advice on here not to put all our eggs in one basket and a masssive amount of un-educated pressure from my mum we bought a pram against our original judgement.

We live in a town (5 mins frm mothercare) and our original plan was that if something came up and we needed a pram we would buy one at that point, rather than straight away. Being short of cash and massively short of space we were hoping to baby wear until it became inpractical or until the baby showed a preference for not being carrier.

My mum, who offered some money to help out with a pram purchase because she thought I was mad, and was very vocal about it, has since spent the money she offered us towards the total c ost of the pram elsewhere....we're several hundred pounds out of pocket and I have a massive pram in a tiny house which I have no space for and dont really want.:growlmad:

We wish we had stuck to our guns and taken a more 'wait and see' approach.

I suppose this is the first lesson of pre-parenthood - people might think your mad and dissaprove but its best to find out for yourself.

Still waiting on baby so I may still be proved wrong. :blush:

we're several hundred pounds out of pocket and I have a massive pram in a tiny house which I have no space for and dont really want.:growlmad:

Is there no way you can take the pram back if it's unused?

we're several hundred pounds out of pocket and I have a massive pram in a tiny house which I have no space for and dont really want.:growlmad:

Is there no way you can take the pram back if it's unused?

Good question....erm I dont know - we bought it in a sale online....

Maybe its a self confidance thing....I still dont really know if its possible and the reactions I got were so extreme I suppose I'm scared of the 'I told you so' if i take it back and then have to buy another one - its hard when youre a first time mum with no experience to ignore my mum and other people who have experience. Baby wearing is a bit of a niche thing and the majority of people seem to find it laughable to suggest you can carry a baby.

Honestly I am finding having this baby one of the most stressful things ive ever done! Its really knocking my confidance. I've always been seen as unconventional by my family but for some reason they seem to accept it more easily when its me rather than my child and I seem more confidance when theyre dissaproving of me than the way Id like to bring up my baby.

:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->