Baby whisperer book....advice please

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
so i have the secrets of the baby whisperer and the Baby whisperer solves all your problems books.

I use the E.A.S.Y routine and it works really well for me but there is a bit of confusion between the 2 books.

In 1 book it says to feed 3 hourly up until 4 months(reccomended)
But in the other it says 6-12weeks could go 4 hours between feeds:shrug:

I do 3 hours at the minute 7am,10,1,4,7..bath & bed...dreamfeed at 10.30.

But just lately he hasnt been drinking all his bottle (he has 6oz) which makes me think he could go 4 hours...

iv posted similar to this before but since having the books he has slept from 11pm until 5/6am and i dont want to switch to 4 hours and disturb this.

Also,it says you can cluster feed so instead of him having a 7pm bottle he will have 1 at 6pm then 8pm...but it says to stop this at 8 weeks...i hant done this yet but if i started would it hurt to carry on past 8 weeks?

Does any1 who uses these books have any advice on what would be best?

Thanks xxx

Hi....ok well I started 4 hourly feeds at 3.5 months as Ruby was taking about 5-6oz every 3 hours. When I moved to 4 hours, she started taking 8-9oz. The only thing I found hard initially with the 4 hourly feeds is that Ruby needed a nap before she was 'supposed' to. However now she pretty much follows the 4 hour routine exactly.
You could try every 4 hours and see? I really don't think it would interfere with him sleeping so well at night, as he would take more at each bottle.
I stopped cluster feeding Ruby at 8 weeks because she wasn't drinking very much of the dreamfeed. The 'solves all your probs' book says to concentrate on the dream feed if your baby won't take both cluster feeds and the dream feed. You will probably find he won't take much of the 8pm bottle if you continue cluster feeding past 8 weeks.
Also remember to go back to cluster feeding at any time (before solids that is) if he has a growth spurt!

Thanks,its a bit clearer now,think ill stick to 3 hourly as he is only 6 weeks n it wont hurt him.
Just tried the cluster feeding at 6pm but her didnt want it so we fed him at 7pm as normal and hopefully i wont have messed up his sleep for today xx

Sure you won't have messed up his sleep. Sounds like Connah is sleeping really well :)

when you first changed to 4 hourly did ruby want her feed after 3 hours stil at first?

when you first changed to 4 hourly did ruby want her feed after 3 hours stil at first?

No she didn't. Although Ruby stopped crying for bottles a long time ago. I think she got so used to being given one periodically. However I struggled to extend her 'activity' time at first, she still wanted her naps at the 'old' times but it's all fine now.

You could gradually extend to 4 hours over a period of a few days if this is what you want to do.

ahhh see sometimes zack will cry before the three hours as in 10 mins before lol, think ill hold off for that to stop

In that case I would stick with the 3 hours. I think 4 months = 4 hours is the usual rule, I think Ruby is a bit of an exception as she's a very big girl (was 17lb 2 weeks ago) and drinks a lot of formula. 3 hourly feeds were turning her into a snacker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->