Baby with health problems-anyone else?

Emskins

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I wasn't sure where to post this.

I am just wondering if anyone else knows that they are carrying a bubba who has health problems and how you are all dealing with this.

My bubba has an atresia (blockage) of the intestine and also it looks like one of her eyes will not function as the doctors can't see a lens or optical nerve. We have had loads of tests done but nobody seems to know why my baby has these problems. We are having scans every 2 weeks to monitor the growth and for the last few weeks we have had good news- no further complications. I am 30 weeks along so we have a long 10 weeks left, hoping for good news all the way. As they don't know what caused the 2 problems the doctors can't say if more issues will arise of if this is it which makes it very hard to relax.

Our baby will need to have surgery the day after she is born to fix the intestine problem but it looks like nothing will be able to be done about the eye. We have had great support from the hospital and my private gynecologist. We meet with the pediatric surgeon and team from the children's hospital on 10 th April so I guess we will find out more of what happens after she arrives then.

We are coping quite well but it is hard knowing my poor bubba will have a rough start. I haven't seen any other threads like this so I thiught I would see if anyone else is in a similar boat.

E

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->