Baby works round you!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok Ive seen people say baby/kids work round your scedule not you round theres!

Was wondering what you mean :blush: and how you got it to that point! :dohh:

They probably just get their LO in a certain routine. Like feed them at the same time every day, etc. But they do it on a schedule that works well with their current schedule. The LO would probably get used to that schedule and would get hungry at that time everyday instead of just randomly.

I am no help lol as I believe that baby gets their own routine. I always fed Sere when she wanted and let her sleep when she was tired and she soon sorted herself out. She has lunch and dinner when we do obviously and is always i bed for 7.30pm but thats it. But then I don't have a routine as such so couldn't have fitted her into mine if I tried (if that makes any sese)

Im sorry if people disagree but for atleast the first 6 months of their life, they dictate the routine not us. Well maybe that's just my girls.:blush:

No matter how hard you try and establish any form of routine they will always sleep when they want,eat when they want etc.

Go with the flow hun, then you can whoop her ass into shape in a few months!:rofl:

But for things like bathing etc, you could maybe try bathing a certain time of night, every night and maybe she will realise its winding down time-it sounds good in hind sight but Caitlin will do it when she's ready :hissy: lil madam xx

I agree with Kx, for the first few months you cant really but as soon as they are 6 months or so you can do set bed times, dinner times and bath times etc

x

Yer I meant when shes a lil older thats why I put baby/kids - sorry if it looked like I wanted to put my foot down on her now and have the perfect life :blush: lol

I can imagine even when I hit that point it won't all be perfect but something a little stable would be nice for everyone including her but if shes like me Im in for a ROUGH ride :rofl: *Kinda serious though* lol!

i laughed when i read the title of this thread :rofl:

sorry hun, im no help to you!

I agree with Kx and Layla
Though i think 2nd + babies have to fit the household routine much more

With Em i went with the flow, if we weren't dresses at 10am so be it, but with Jack i have had to sorta routine him from day 1 with school run etc... i believe in routine but with the option to be flexible, that way if you need to adjust with say a day out etc... it doesn't bother them so much

Does that make sense?

lol!!!

on a serious note... when Caitlin is older you may want the evenings back to yourself so then you can wake her up earlier, cut her naps shorter etc so she falls asleep earlier in the evenings.

there are many ways you can change your childs pattern but i think its a case of crossing that bridge when you come to it...

if you get what i mean??

Yer I do - Is it legal to still put baby outside in pram to cry it out?

JOKE :rofl:

I wouldn't do that to my Caitlin ...

I'd send her Daddy with her :rofl:

Ahhh it'll be fine i send Jack in the garden to play with stray dogs, resiliant little buggers are kids

:rofl:
Seriously though like Terrie says (sorry can't get used to Tezzy :)) they wil just fit in with naps etc... like if we are in the house (tired from playing with strays) Jack will usually have a sleep after dinner, but if we are out and about anywhere he can easily go with out it and it doesn't mess the routine up that he has

Seriously though like Terrie says (sorry can't get used to Tezzy :)) they wil just fit in with naps etc... like if we are in the house (tired from playing with strays) Jack will usually have a sleep after dinner, but if we are out and about anywhere he can easily go with out it and it doesn't mess the routine up that he has

i changed my username because somebody was logging on as me who wasnt me.... i cant get used to tezzy either :( i changed my password too so maybe in a few weeks it will be safe to change it back to Terrie, i dont like not using my name, i like people to know who theyre talking to!

Ooohhhhh wondered why you'd changed it cos I couldn't get used to Tezzy either!

I'd say my two work round me to a certain extent. By which I mean I make sure they take naps at the same time, they're in bed by 7.30 at night or I vary meal times/nap times if I'm going out or we have to be somewhere. Generally speaking though they set their own schedule and it pretty much fits mine.... maybe they've got me working round their schedule.... :-k

I agree with Terrie, you can't get them into an amazing routine when they're that young I don't think. We used to let Bethanie do her own thing and she still gets away with murder now. It does get easier as they get older though, but you're always going to have new problems cropping up - for example, it's not only 4 hourly milk I think about now.. it's all mealtimes, milk, how to keep her entertained, how to stop her having tantrums etc etc!! oh and this new game called "lets wait until mummy has put all my 58 nappies in a shelf, then pull them all down!":evil: lol

That is good advice though, basically don't put yourself out too much.. it's your life, let your little one adjust to it, not vice versa (this will be easier to do soon). For now id just relax and let her boss you about! When we found out we were pregnant my mum told me that we wouldn't be able to do much with a baby, but it's not true.. we go out for meals and stuff still, no problems.. it only has to be a problem if you choose for it to be. Sure, you can't go out whenever/wherever but it's not as awkward as some people make out!

Some of our friends have a 4 month old baby and they were very keen to say that having her would not change them and she would have to fit in around them! I have a naughty laugh to myself:rofl: I do think children need routine as they get older but when they are young you are pretty much at their beck and call. A hungry newborn does not like waiting to be fed as my friends have found out!

lol coccyx I remember saying on another pregnancy forum something along the lines of "im sure it won't be that hard, i'll still have time to put a bit of make up on" - shock shock shock.. ok I do make myself put my face on every day even if im not going out BUT I now know that I can do a whole make up in 3 minutes.. learnt the hard way. ;)

I can do a whole make up in 3 minutes
LMAO relate to that along with other things yet she sleeps alot and Im still lost! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->