Baby works round you!

hrm - well jack kind of just "fell" into a schedule. When he was younger he was eating every 2 hrs and then went to 3 and finally 4. Right now - he is on a schedule. He has ALWAYS had a bedtime and has been in bed (unless we are out) by that time. Whether or not he goes to sleep right then is his choice lol. Our schedule is pretty flexible also and i do let him decide on the day schedule but his night time is pretty set ya know?

LMAO relate to that along with other things yet she sleeps alot and Im still lost! :lol:
;) It WILL get easier, it's funny.. all they do is sleep yet it feels like you can't get anything done. It's probably because in the first few months you are like a zombie.. all I did was nap with her, stay in my nightie all day and make milk. I don't think I ate for the first few months lmao.

;) It WILL get easier, it's funny.. all they do is sleep yet it feels like you can't get anything done. It's probably because in the first few months you are like a zombie.. all I did was nap with her, stay in my nightie all day and make milk. I don't think I ate for the first few months lmao.

they sleep :huh: i think Kabe missed that training day :roll:

I got Charlie and Ethan in to a set rountine by the time they are a year old, they would have breaskfast, lunch and dinner at certian times, even if we were out i would make sure they still got feed on time, and then they would always be in bed at 7 eavh night, i think its so important to have you time and partner time in the evenings with no kids about.

On Coby we spoilt him and didnt do that, we paid for it big time lol, Coby would go to bed when he wanted, he would be up till 10 sometimes even 11 at night, we hated it, me and Jase never got any time alone together. so then we put our foot down and started a bedtime rountine, it was really hard at first but now he goes to bed at 8 with no fuss :)

I will be doing the same with Adam only alot sooner, i want to make sure that by the time he is a year old, all kids are in bed by 8pm on school nights so me and Jase can chill out together

x

We fit in with Alfie, but he is so laid back that he does not stop us doing anything tbh, we just all work well together! He eats & sleeps when he is ready and if we go out, he is no problem at all as he stays up til late anyway and is such a happy chappy, you can basically do anything with him, including changing his routine if you had to for some reason! x

they sleep :huh: i think Kabe missed that training day :roll:
Well more than they do as they get older.. every few hours for an hour or so.
You know what I mean.. now Bethanie is a year, she has a nap in the morning for an hour or so (if that sometimes - or at all) then not so often, she'll have an afternoon nap. So shes up all day basically.

So what is it they do to entertain them selves when they get older. Caitlin doesn't like being awake I don't think lol

Ha ha, they do bad things Wobbles!

Toys? Nah! I'll grab this cup and spill it. I'll eat a baby wipe, a nappy wrap, my sock. I'll throw this constantly on the floor, make you pick it up for me and cry when you don't. I'll want to stand when you want me to sit, lie flat when you want me to sit, arch my back when you're trying to strap me into something. I'll cry when I think you are looking but I won't bother if I think you're not. I'll smear food all over my face and hands and then mash it into your hair when you're trying to clean me up.

And that's just this morning!

Ha ha, they do bad things Wobbles!

Toys? Nah! I'll grab this cup and spill it. I'll eat a baby wipe, a nappy wrap, my sock. I'll throw this constantly on the floor, make you pick it up for me and cry when you don't. I'll want to stand when you want me to sit, lie flat when you want me to sit, arch my back when you're trying to strap me into something. I'll cry when I think you are looking but I won't bother if I think you're not. I'll smear food all over my face and hands and then mash it into your hair when you're trying to clean me up.

And that's just this morning!

ok.. struggling to breathe im laughing so much :rofl::rofl::rofl:

thats pretty much the way it is in our house too except rhys also laughs when i say 'no', trys to escape through the baby gate, throws a tantrum in front of people, plays with anything that isnt a toy, has broken 2 mobile phones and 4 remote controls, has eaten cat food and played in the cat litter, trys to drink my tea out of my cup when he thinks im not looking

etc etc
etc etc
etc etc
etc etc

:rofl::rofl:

and as for sleep! you think you'll be getting afternoon naps! pfft... :rofl:

:rofl:

Oh yeah....forgot about the remote controls and phones. What the hell is going on with that?! :shock: Who teaches babies that they are the most desirable things ever?

LMAO Helen :rofl:

Nokia and her own TV for her first birthday then :lol:

ok.. struggling to breathe im laughing so much :rofl::rofl::rofl:

thats pretty much the way it is in our house too except rhys also laughs when i say 'no', trys to escape through the baby gate, throws a tantrum in front of people, plays with anything that isnt a toy, has broken 2 mobile phones and 4 remote controls, has eaten cat food and played in the cat litter, trys to drink my tea out of my cup when he thinks im not looking

etc etc
etc etc
etc etc
etc etc

:rofl::rofl:

I had to laugh about the baby gate thing! At my moms house we had a homemade gate type of thing with his walker and he learned to crawl between it LOL. Then we used a box filled up with toys and well he learned to climb OVER it and lay there til one of us noticed:rofl:

Luckily my inlaws got us a huge nice metal baby gate. Its also tall so when he learns to climb he WONT be able to get over it NOR under it! (Heck i cant even step over it). I love it and he is now gated (or should i say jailed?) to the living room. It has a gate but you have to push in a button and lift at the same time and he has some growing to do before i worry about that :happydance:

Bethanie is exactly the same - she broke Sonny's phone by dribbling in it (you could see all the dribble in the screen lol) and she is mad for those remotes. You can put all of her toys in the middle of the room and she goes for what I call the "corner of danger" - the only place with remotes, heavy coasters, the house phone unit, fireplace (not lit but sharp metal looking) and heavy photo frame! she has also trapped her fingers in this little cupboard twice, but carries on doing it.. she will learn one day!! I hope...:hissy:

I only bf for 2 months,and for those first few weeks we didn't have much of anything really ..let alone routine!She was always a great sleeper,from day one,so no problems there ..But when we started bottle feeding i just started doing everything at the same time every day,bathing,feeding,sleeping,activity,walks etc not because it suited ME but because babies NEED some sort of routine,they feel more secure if they know what to expect,like most of us grown ups really ..

:rofl:

Oh yeah....forgot about the remote controls and phones. What the hell is going on with that?! :shock: Who teaches babies that they are the most desirable things ever?

And don't forget the videos, game consoles and DVD Players, and picking up the tiniest of crumbs and things off the floor, so you have to hoover 5 times a day! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->