Baby Worst Buys

cellular blanket, no freaking point!

i hated my baby bath to it's much easier using the sink when there newborns and bath seats i found my baby bath took ages to drain the water out with the plug, had to bend down to low and even sitting on the floor was a pain with it and it took up more space then worth, I was so glad to get rid and get a bath seat next baby i wont get one x

Baby bath this time round, i hardly used it, i got a seat to go in big bath instead (see best buys :) )

Why is a baby bath bad please, I would have thought its a must buy ?

Whn the water is in the baby bath it's really heavy to carry, not what u want after just having a baby. And I personally always soaked myself and surrounding area while carrying it. The baby sponge we had later on was so much easier to handle.

i agree baby bath chloe was in her's a matter of weeks, hates being held in water likes to be free, so now goes in big bath with enought water in to keep her warm but so she doesnt have to be held, keep my hands like 2 inchs away just in case though

And nappy bin never gets used (got it cheap though)

Lol!! I would have been lost without my baby bath! I just bought a cheap on for £5 from asda, I still use it every night now!!!

My worst buys... Cellular blankets like someone else mentioned & fleece/velour sleepsuits as our room is warm enough so lo never wears them.

hauck condor travel system; the car seat and the carrycot (which I use instead of a moses basket as it has a proper and good quality matress) are excellent and the pushchair looks good and is lightweight; but the pushchair is flimsy and has already gone all wobbly; the wheels also go all over the place, I previously had a cheap chicco stroller suitable from birth; it only went like this after 3 years of (ab)use. It seems the old pushchair has been discontinued and they are now selling in most places an 'eagle' pushchair that can also be parent facing but I'd avoid it also; now I know why people say don't buy hauck....

My worst buys... Cellular blankets like someone else mentioned & fleece/velour sleepsuits as our room is warm enough so lo never wears them.

I found the cellular blankets great and in Eire when having a baby you have to have cellular blankets going into hospital as they are safer for small babies as if they go over babies face they wont suffocate as the air gets in through the holes.

Agree with the baby bath, total waste. Imo baby changing unit are a waste aswell i bought one when having J and never used it well i did use it for throwing stuff on but not the way it should of been used, gave it away before i had C as it was just taking up space.

I don't how ppl can live without a changing unit...I used mine with my son until a month ago. It was nice to stand up properly against the unit and change baby and have everything you need in reach.

quinny buzz.. looks amazing.. but its hefty and takes up a whole boot in massive car!

£99 says from birth and will grow with child as chair turns into a rocking seat when outgrown swing, but my newborn kept falling sideways and abit forwards with his gripe pains and the seat didnt have a 5 point harness just a lap belt, which ment he was knocking his head ont he side of the swing bars and i had to wedge him with rolled blankets down each side. We ended up returning it to mothercare and swapped it for a jumperoo for when he is a bit older:flower:

Silver Cross Freeway, looks great, comfy for baby but takes up whole car boot, hard to push up hills and on the track road where i live.

my Silver cross 3d weighs a ton and the carrycot part is really small :cry:

Baby bath - such a bind to fill and lug around, so much easier to bath with him, or just lay him on some towels and wash him.

Huggies 'natural fit' nappies - so many leaks! GRR!

A pram - he hates it and so do I! Babywearing all the way :thumbup:

Asda baby wipes - left him all sticky :/

Reusable breast pads - stuck to my nipples - ouch! I have 'recycled' them, however, and now use them to dry his bum during nappy-change, so they're also my best buy, but for a crazy reason!!

Yes Id agree with the Grecco Travel system alright, very heavy and is so not lightweight or travel friendly!

Silver Cross Freeway, looks great, comfy for baby but takes up whole car boot, hard to push up hills and on the track road where i live.

i got this pram too and really regreting it.

It's weird seeing what works for people and what doesn't. I've just posted in the best by about the Fisher Price swinger 3in1 and I loved it as a baby. Also the Graco pram travel system. Fair enough bulky but now he's in a stroller lightweight one I feel like he's going to tip over in it if hes got his changing bag on it etc. but worked for us :).

er things I didn't like or couldn't use was any Tommee Tippee bottles or their manual breast pump. I just leaked more than I collected. I was waiting for my electric Avent one to arrive due to him being early so resorted to that but oh my even thinking about it now is getting me into a flap because of the hassle. The tommee tippee teats for us kept blocking so changed to Avent.

Baby monitor:- Was a gift but we never used it due to him being in our bedroom in the beginning and before STTN he slept in his moses basket downstairs whilst we was still up for his feeds. So I can see this one being the same with next one buts suppose when they are older etc and in bed can hear out for them.

Huggies newborn. We use a variety now at the moment, tescos, asdas, huggies and sainsburys whereever the deals are ;). but newborn huggies leaked all the time and fair enough didn't fit but nothing fits a newborn so we used Pampers newborn.

I could go on and review everything we have for Isaac but suppose it's all trial and error at the beginning :).

I would agree a travel system Graco is a PITA, was sturdy enough as a pram and i liked it with the cot attachment (obviously we got a good life out of it as A was small) but I couldnt wait to get a new lightweight thing!

Any monitor that isnt digital - got terrible interference and went in the bin!

Quinny Zapp Xtra - now as much as i hate it i still have it, but it makes such a bloody noise. I know its not just mine - i can hear a zapp anywhere! :rofl:

Lightshows - my children are too music orientated and hyper to sleep to musical lightshows :rofl:

It's embarrassing I almost argue with DH who's taking that buggy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->