Baby's first jabs

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
hiya
my son is 8 weeks today and he is getting his jabs next week.
i'm really scared i don't seeing my little boy cry.
he only ever cries if he is hungry or over tired.
i thought about getting in capol ready for after he has had his jabs but he was born a little early so don't know if i can.

what's everyone exprieness?

if you don't mind i'd like to add them to my blog as well.
to give other peace of mind.

Hi there,

Try not to worry, it's honestly more stressful for us than it is the babies!

My LO screamed with her first jabs, but she was fine as soon as they were done and reacted really well after, no noticeable changes to her. She's not a crier either.

My friend gave me some great advice; once the jabs are done, stand up and move away from the chair that you're sat in holding LO whilst they're having their jabs. Apparently it's a psychological thing that they expect more pain (because they have to change sides too, so they think they'll be turned back around again for a jab in the first leg) whereas when you move, they know its over.

I've always done it with all of my Los jabs and she's only ever cried during the jabs, after she has settled really well.

You can get calpol for two months plus, just get the sugar free variety. I'd get some as precaution, but you might not need it. We had to give LO some after her second jabs as she was screaming blue murder and was clearly feeling lousy. It's only been this set that caused her any problems.

Good luck :thumbup:

X

I agree, it's really not a big deal at all. My daughter smiled through it all and fell asleep in her carseat about 5 minutes later and slept all day. I did give her some calpol later on advice of my GP because I was worried about her getting a post-jab fever, but she seemed completely fine.

My lo was fine with her immunisations. Sure she cried for a few seconds but that was it.No mumma wants to see their bubs upset but it's for their own good in the long run. Get the calpol just incase luckily my lo never needed it but it's always good to have some in the changing bag imo. Good luck and don't stress it mum, after all your doing the right thing for your baby. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->