Baby's first outfit

Rainstorm

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm giving birth in a hospital, and I'm supposed to prepare a set of clothes for the nurse to dress baby after she's born. I cannot remember exactly the items I included last time. How are you planning to dress your baby after birth?

One-piece sleeper with feet on, and the kind of sleeves that fold over, and a hat. I'll also have a blanket my friend knit for me as an extra layer for warmth - fewer layers is better for safety in the carseat, though, which is why no jacket etc. :)

We've picked a few things in case she's too big for NB. A sleeper, a few outfits, socks, mittens and of course a blankie for the car seat.

I also packed a couple of outfits, one newborn size and one 0-3 mo. size! One is a darling one-piece sleeper with feet and fold-overs on the hands with a matching hat, and the other is a shirt and pants set with matching hat! Both adorable and I'm super excited to put either one on her! :)

I've got a tiny baby and NB picked out, for going home depending on size either a white vest and dress set or dungarees with vest but first outfit at the hospital is a cupcake sleep suit as its just so much easier :).

First outfit will be a vest and sleepsuits, comfy for baby and practical

I haven't chosen one yet but it will be a cute sleepsuit :)

She will have vest underneath and cream/off white sleepsuit with clouds pattern on top of that (it is all in one, so no need for socks and sleeves roll over, so no need for mittens) and pink blanket on top. I dont have any outfits for newborn or 0-3, just starting from 3-6:)

I only have all size 0-3 sleepers and vests. Do you think I will need newborn size? Im just guessing baby will be around 8lbs and newborn sizes are only up to 8lbs?

I only have all size 0-3 sleepers and vests. Do you think I will need newborn size? Im just guessing baby will be around 8lbs and newborn sizes are only up to 8lbs?

My DS weighed 3,150 kgs which is average weight, in fact he was bigger than most babies in the NICU, and all the newborn 0 size clothes were huge for him. It took him about a week to fill them in. I remember wondering what would fit a preemie if everything was too loose or to large for mine.

I am due mid Nov so it will be a cotton hat, onesie with feet and fold over hands and a vest. Knitted blanket to keep wrapped up ��

My lg was 8lb exactly and 0-3 were huge on her even newborn seemed big lol I have newborn size ready for my boy and going to take A 0-3 in case :)

Oh maybe I should get a few newborn sizes then! I don't have a lot of clothes bought since we are team yellow so maybe I will just send OH out to pick up some newborn sizes once we find out if we have a girl or boy!

Oh maybe I should get a few newborn sizes then! I don't have a lot of clothes bought since we are team yellow so maybe I will just send OH out to pick up some newborn sizes once we find out if we have a girl or boy!

I found newborn in some places was the same as 0-3 in others. Ds fit in some newborn brands but not others. If you are in UK I found Mark's and Spencer's newborn the smallest and supermarket brands the biggest!

Sizes vary so much it is crazy :wacko:

Baby is due Halloween I plan on taking a newborn sized and 0-3 sized vest, sleepsuit, hat & blanket (DS was 8lb 7oz)

DS came home in a newborn sleeper, he was 9lbs 15oz. DD was in newborn for about 5 weeks, she was 8lbs. This time I've packed newborn sleepsuits and a couple of 0-3 months; the newborn are up to 10lbs so hopefully will fit.

Vest and onesie. I have 1 tiny baby, 1 newborn and 1 0-3 because im not sure when this baby will arrive or how big and I dont want it to be drowning in a suit thats way too big because my son was for the first 4 days in hospital lol x

It may be cold here in October and I like simple so prob just a white little onsie, a toque that I knitted and a neutral North Face fleece snow suit jumper.

The first thing baby will wear will be the first thing that we bought for her. We bought it at 12w - I hate it but my oh picked it, it was such a milestone or us to get to 12w and I was desperate to buy anything! It is newborn sized, and it is a white vest with beige dots, a white onesie with animals on it, a matching bib and hat and mittens. The feet are built in.

For going home, just a onesie (a less garish one than the first one we bought!) with bootees, a hat and a cardi which my gran knitted and then wrapped in a shawl which she knitted too. Nothing too fancy, cute and comfy! Don't see the point in a specific outfit but there are a few little bits and pieces I want her to wear for sentimental reasons

My DS weighed 8lb 15 and 1/2 snd he fit in newborn baby clothes for a few weeks after he was born.

So to be on safe side I've packed newborn and 0-3 month outfits like most people a vest, sleepsuit with feet and fold over hands on it and a little hat xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->