Baby's heart rate related to gender- myth?

Waitin4astork

Mummy to our prince :)
Reaction score
I got my doppler on Friday (and trying really hard not to get addicted to it!), and I chose one with a display showing the baby's heart rate. I've read some things saying that if the heart rate is higher than 140/150 (depending what you read!), then it's more likely to be a girl. Has anyone else heard of this, and is there any truth to it?

I'd say no, because with my son his heart rate was always in the 160's.

My little boys was always in the 160's too and my midwife said going by that , it's likely a girl. Def no truth to that!

My son was always 140 and this baby was 166. I'm hoping for a girl this time around. :)

my baby boy hr up until a couple weeks ago was always in the 160's now it is in the 140's so going by now it would be true I guess but by early on nope not at all

I don't know... If you'd asked me weeks ago, I would have said yes, I bought into it. But I don't know anymore...

I've had three confirmed genders with my pregnancies, (this one is currently unknown, but suspected).

With Greg, his heartrate was always around 133. Pregnancy #5, which DNA testing showed was a boy, also had a heartrate of 133-135. Devon was consistently 160, with a 155, or a 165 thrown in here and there. Definately a girl there.

This one... I don't know... Started out at around 150. Went up to 170. Went down to 160. Went down to 155. Stayed 155 for a while. After my surgery on the 13th for my Sharodkur, it was 144. A subsequent scan the next day was 137... So what the hell?? It is NOT consistent whatsoever.

AND... I am pretty sure there was a dinkle on one of my last, post op, scans. The tech said it would be illegal to tell me yet as it could be swollen labia. So we are leaning towards boy now, with a heartrate that has been ALL over the place!

Its not true. I actually read a study that disproves it. But, that being said both my girls had heart rates around 155.

Ok, thanks guys.
Think I'm just being impatient- I'm desperate to know if we're on Team Pink or Team Blue (although I'll be happy either way) :)
Just over 6 weeks until the 20 week scan......

your baby heartrate goes up and down. Whem they are active it will be high when they are sleepin it will be low. No truth

No i dont think there is any truth in it mine was showing should have been boy but i had a girl lol It can change a lot depending on what the baby is doing :shrug:

its funny trying to guess though!

Having had on of each I can safely say for me it was a load of rubbish! My son was 155bpm and my daughter 135bpm so definately not as the myth says! x

My DD was always above 160 and my boys were 150's 140's.

I would say its true, but can only base my opinion on my own experiences!

xxx

Nope my Son's was always 145 - 171 bpm.... Sorry :p

Ok, thanks guys.
Think I'm just being impatient- I'm desperate to know if we're on Team Pink or Team Blue (although I'll be happy either way) :)
Just over 6 weeks until the 20 week scan......

ME TOO! I actually a m telling my Drs a little white lie. I cant get off work the 20th week, can we please do it the week before? ;) Hehehe . 19 weeks should still be accurate!!! My luck they will schedule me for week 21 :haha:

defo a myth

my daughters was over 160bpm

and my sons was in the 160bpm range xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"