Baby's Weight

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
My baby turned 1 month August 18th. She was born 7lbs 5oz.

The baby's first visit to the doctor was on July 24th, the same week I came home from the hospital. She weighed 8lbs 2oz.

Her second doctor's appointment was on the August 22nd.

She weighed 9lbs 14oz. Is that the normal size weight my baby should be?

Reason why I asked this because the doctor questioned me about her feeding.

She asked "Am I breast-feeding" I said "yes" I told her I'm doing both.
She asked "Do I feed on demand" I said "no" not all the time.
She asked "How many Ozs throughout the day she drinks".

I told her she drinks 4 oz of 5 to 6 bottles. I will do bresie, bresie in the afternoon/midday followed by some formula because she's still hungry. Then bresie, bresie mainly at night while I'm laying down.

I wanted to know is that an average weight?

I didn't want to ask why she asked those questions, because I figured it's just a standard procedure.

I was figuring since I'm doing both breast-feeding and formula, she expected the baby to weight to be more but she just didn't say anything.

Overall she said the baby is fine, she's alert and healthy.

I would appreciate any comments about this matter.

Mello

They should gain an once a day, anything over that is a bonus :) I wouldnt worry. They ask me the same questions. (well they did when he was "new"). Though I would start feeding on demand. I was told to never hold off a feeding, when they are new they need to feed as much as they want.

They should gain an once a day, anything over that is a bonus :) I wouldnt worry. They ask me the same questions. (well they did when he was "new"). Though I would start feeding on demand. I was told to never hold off a feeding, when they are new they need to feed as much as they want.

Thanks for your reply VanWest

I'm getting much better with feeding on demand, because I realize that is what she likes most although I'm giving her formula.

I didn't realize when I started to breast-feed, I trained her into this. I started now I have to continue. I was having doubts, I wanted to stop in my third week, but I realize it's an emotional attachment for the both of us.
She wants it. she likes bresie, bresie.

The reason why I wanted to stop, is because I wasn't eating meals as I should and felt that she wasn't getting the nutrition as needed. I didn't have time to prepare the meals in a timely manner.

It was all kind of things with excuses I made up. I realize that I took care of myself when pregnant, what's the problem now. I made some adjustments and progress is happening.

I do know for sure I don't want to breast-feed alone. My baby is still hungry after 45 min into the hour, so I have to supplement formula. When she does sleep it's for an hour,

This is my first baby, and people had asked me all the time will I be breast-feeding, and I said yeah.

But I really didn't have the knowledge about it until I experienced it It's a commitment.

Mello

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"