Baby's Wrap Addiction

HopefulEm

Reaction score
These days have been really exhausting and I could really use a nap. Problem is my 10 week old daughter has decided that she will only nap during the day if I am actively walking around or bouncing with her in my woven wrap. The moment I stop to sit down she wakes up. If I don't put her in the wrap she'll just cry and cry when she gets tired. She won't settle with DH and I have no one else to take over.

I'm glad I have a way to get her to sleep but I desperately want to be sleeping with her! Anyone have any ideas besides learning how to sleep walk? :sleep:

Do you nurse? If so, try nursing her to sleep while laying down?

Does she wake up if you wait longer to sit down? I always found that there was a magic time when I could put LO down - too soon and she'd scream, too late and she'd scream and not go back to sleep. It took a bit of experimenting and clock watching!

Alternatively, do you have a rocking chair or a chair that will move a bit, like these from Ikea? - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49901739/ If you could sit down but still rock/wobble around as much as you can, that might ease LO into letting you sit at least, then you could gradually slow down and stop. After that you could try lying down with LO still in the wrap, then loosening the wrap, slowly unwrapping LO etc until you're co-sleeping. If you don't have a chair that moves, you could probably simulate it... or it might work out better without anyway - sit on your bed but rock back and forward like you're a bit crazy then slowly stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->