babywearing help?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
I go back to work in November and I'm looking to get some type of sling or carrier for Amelie as we'll need to catch the bus home some days, it's a long walk! She'll be almost 10 months by then.

What do you think the best kind to get would be? And what positions would be best for a bigger baby?

Thanks in advance :D

There are loads as you probably already know! WHat have you used before/now?

I think a soft buckle carrier or a Mei Tai would be a good carrier for her age/your use. If you'd like any suggestions, feel free to ask!

I have a Babyhawk Mei Tai and love it but there are loads! I also use a Rockin Baby Ring Sling but more for at home/popping in and out the car.

xxxx

Would I be able to carry her on my hip with a Mei Tei type carrier? Soft buckle carriers are more for front or back aren't they?

Yes you can but i don't - I actually only use mine on the front as LO doesn't like being on my back.

If you're looking for a hip carrier that is easy to use, have you looked at these....Scootababy...I've had them highly recommended to me although not tried one, they look good.....

https://www.slumber-roo.co.uk/catalog.php?category=17

xxx

id say a mei tai aswell, ive made my own and i love it, ive had a couple of the shop bought ones before i finished this one (i started it when i was preg but never got round to finishing it off till she was about 6months lol) and it is the most comfortable, make sure you get one with wide straps otherwise they will dig in and be really uncomfy

if u are crafty i can show u a brill tutorial to make one?

x

Thanks for that link :D

Not crafty in the slightest :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_x3wd8YRYc&NR=1

looks quite easy. Think I will get a mei tei, they seem the most versatile :shrug:

omg putting LO on your back looks so unsafe :rofl: I'd drop amelie :|

LOL - I don't like doing it....when you first practice, do it over the bed in case she does slip or something...God forbid! :blush:

Okay next q, where is the best place to get one?

its really not that hard, do it for the first few times on the bed...it does get a lot easier!!

x

LOL - I don't like doing it....when you first practice, do it over the bed in case she does slip or something...God forbid! :blush:

I don't like not being able to see her tbh. I don't ever have her pram forward facing so I'd be a nervous wreck if she was on my back, especially if she fell asleep or something, I'd prob think she wasn't breathing :blush:

Which make do you want? There are SOOOOOO many!!!! :haha:

Lots of girls on here have Babyhawk's but there are loads of others too. I have a Babyhawk and can't fault it...although I'm itching to try others now! :blush:

Have a look on;

* Natural Connections
* Slumber-Roo

They're good starting points or just do a search on google for something such as a Babyhawk or Napsack...if you want more suggestions, just ask!

xxx

I don't like not being able to see her tbh. I don't ever have her pram forward facing so I'd be a nervous wreck if she was on my back, especially if she fell asleep or something, I'd prob think she wasn't breathing :blush:

I'm the same! x

i usually put her on my back when i am cleaning, so when i bend down she doesnt fall out lol, if im walking round town then i put her on my front and then i can wrap my coat all round her aswell and keep her snuggly :D

x

Is there a huge difference between brands? I suppose I just want one with thick straps so it's comfy for us.

It's all down to personal preference but I've been told a Babyhawk is a good starter Mei Tai (from people who wear their babies full time and have tried too many!!!).

I can't fault mine as I said! Padded straps for your shoulders. I would like one with padded waist straps (which is something I haven't found yet in my research!), but it's not essential.

If you want wide straps rather than padded, a Napsack looks good - I fancy trying one!

Have a look on those sites and come back to us with your thoughts!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->