Babywearing on public transport-what do you do?

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just looking for some advice from those of you who babywear on public transport. I won't have my car in a couple of months and I go to the gym/leisure centre a couple of times a week but they don't really have anywhere secure to put your pushchair so I thought wearing him would be easier but what do you do on the bus? I'm going to have to start wearing him on my back as he's getting too heavy for a front carry in my Moby (about 23lbs) so do you perch on the edge of a seat or stand up? Standing up sounds easier but probably not as safe with people pushing past you etc?

I never had a problem on the bus tbh. I either stand or perch on a seat and people tend to not barge into us as they can see that there's a baby on my back.
I would avoid buses in rush hour and/or really busy bus stops but I live in London so it can get a bit lively:laugh2:

I have usually tended to stand up, but yesterday I sat down and it was fine. Isla was on my front though, so it made it easier. She loved it!

Gabriel isnt as heavy as ur lo but I always carry him in the front and sit down.

I carry on the front and sit down... havent been brave enough to do a back carry!!

yeah, same here, I carry on my front and sit down (if I can, though usually even on packed London buses people will offer me a seat if I am carrying Adam). I have never tried a back carry out of the house yet.

i used to sit sideways with Ethan if it was a short trip or stand up with the pram. Normally i would front carry for the trip though then switch to a back carry once i was wherever i was going. This is why i love my SSCs so much :)

i dont know about public transport but when he is on my back i have no trouble sitting anywhere, just dont lean back, its good for posture ;) I even went to the loo once! :blush: But we were at a wedding, he was asleep on my back, what could i do!

I've reached the stage where Emma needs to be on my back for long distances too but I'll switch her and put her on my front right before getting on the bus since I find it easier for sitting. Definitely easier to do once you've practised getting LO in a back carry lots and feel comfortable doing it though. What carrier were you planning on using?

I've reached the stage where Emma needs to be on my back for long distances too but I'll switch her and put her on my front right before getting on the bus since I find it easier for sitting. Definitely easier to do once you've practised getting LO in a back carry lots and feel comfortable doing it though. What carrier were you planning on using?

Right now I have a Moby which has been great up until now and I'm a pro at tying it for a front carry, but he's really too big for it now, I know it says it can take up to 40lbs but it's too stretchy I think and it'll be too fiddly to do a back carry with. I had always planned on getting a Mei Tai for when he was bigger, I was going to get one earlier but the Moby has suited us fine til now. I'm just really picky and want a pocket and toy ring on it so I cant get a Babyhawk from a UK seller with that (and long straps), I was going to get one from Chunkle Munkle but I went to the site today and found out she's closed it down :sad2: I like the Connecta as well though as it looks easier to get on and off.

I sit at the back, or use two seats and sit at an angle.

Right now I have a Moby which has been great up until now and I'm a pro at tying it for a front carry, but he's really too big for it now, I know it says it can take up to 40lbs but it's too stretchy I think and it'll be too fiddly to do a back carry with. I had always planned on getting a Mei Tai for when he was bigger, I was going to get one earlier but the Moby has suited us fine til now. I'm just really picky and want a pocket and toy ring on it so I cant get a Babyhawk from a UK seller with that (and long straps), I was going to get one from Chunkle Munkle but I went to the site today and found out she's closed it down :sad2: I like the Connecta as well though as it looks easier to get on and off.

https://slumber-roo.co.uk/brand/5/babyhawk This site will customise for you, i know someone who just got a long strap one :D It takes a wee while though. Also the connecta is so so so so so easy for back carrys, i just started and i was a pro by the 2nd or 3rd time i did it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->