Babywearing Qs

bky

:(
Reaction score
We have a Moby wrap. Lately Lucy wants to hang halfway out of it (so it seems). I put her into it and then she wiggles so she can hang her head out upside down. I keep rearranging her so she isn't doing it, but she keeps hanging herself out. Should I try her in a facing out carry so she can see things? Is she old enough for that? Usually I do a newborn hug hold

The other thing is she spends at least 6 hours a day in the sling. She pretty much wont have a good nap unless she's in it (if I put her down she wakes up within 20 minutes, in the sling she sleeps for 2+ hours). Hopefully she'll grow out of that a little, but for now at least she's napping. Will the time spent in the sling hurt her development any? I feel like that's a silly question as plenty of other cultures wear babies, but I worry she isn't having the time to learn to roll over and stuff. Right now she spends most of the day being held or in the sling. She spends some time (2+ hours per day) in her bouncer chair playing with toys or looking at things, and I try to manage tummy time when she's in a playful mood. It doesn't happen every day though.

As long as her neck is strong enough to support her head, you can try her forward facing (I'd probably just try it for short periods of time though). Emma was able to hold her head up on her own from birth so we started occasionally putting her forward facing in the Moby when she was around Lucy's age. Emma used to only nap in the Moby too and I wore her for most of the day when she was really small also. She might have rolled slightly later than her peers, but not significantly. She was sitting unsupported quite early though so I don't think being in the wrap negatively effected her development in anyway. I say go with your instincts and if wearing her feels right, go for it :hugs:

I had James in a baby carrier at the same age and it definately hasn't effected his development, in fact for things like rolling he's way ahead! He crawled from 5 months.
In regards to the sling, I had to stop using a wrap type one and put him in a baby carrier, but one where he is facing into me and his head is supported, he loved it! Then when he was a bit older I switched him round. I had the mothercare 5 in 1 and I loved it, really did last a long time as you can switch from front to back when they are older. I'm not sure whether they still sell them though I got mine second hand xx

We have a Moby wrap. Lately Lucy wants to hang halfway out of it (so it seems). I put her into it and then she wiggles so she can hang her head out upside down. I keep rearranging her so she isn't doing it, but she keeps hanging herself out. Should I try her in a facing out carry so she can see things? Is she old enough for that? Usually I do a newborn hug hold

The other thing is she spends at least 6 hours a day in the sling. She pretty much wont have a good nap unless she's in it (if I put her down she wakes up within 20 minutes, in the sling she sleeps for 2+ hours). Hopefully she'll grow out of that a little, but for now at least she's napping. Will the time spent in the sling hurt her development any? I feel like that's a silly question as plenty of other cultures wear babies, but I worry she isn't having the time to learn to roll over and stuff. Right now she spends most of the day being held or in the sling. She spends some time (2+ hours per day) in her bouncer chair playing with toys or looking at things, and I try to manage tummy time when she's in a playful mood. It doesn't happen every day though.

Have read on a few sites that it is equivalent to tummy time - don't know how true it is? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->