Back Again :)

LockandKey

Reaction score
not sure if some of you ladies remember me at all, I was in this section a lot about a year ago before my DH and I started TTC in Dec of 2012, I got pregnant, and just gave birth to our 2nd child and first son almost 4 weeks ago.

For anyone who doesn't know or remember me, I'm L&K, personally known as Annika outside the virtual world. I'm 25, married to my DH for over 5 years now, we have 2 children together and live in WV USA.

So here's my story of confusion and uncertainty. DH says he's done at 2 kids, I'm only 25 and don't feel like I'm totally done yet, but am still quite uncertain of what I want down the road. I would possibly like a 3rd child, we have the room for another, and a large enough vehicle, but DH is looking into getting a vasectomy, though he keeps putting it off. If we do have another, it won't be for another 4 or 5 yrs when both kids we have now are in school.

Since I am so undecided, I figure I would just join you ladies here for a while and see where the road takes me and see how I feel later on as time passes. Looking forward to getting to know you all :flower:

:hi: i am in the same boat as you we just had our second son almost 5 months ago and DH says he is not sure if he wants another or not.. so i am just in here seeing where the road takes me :)

Hello, I am new to this section (not the site)... I am NTNP for number 2 in the next month... But ive always wanted 3/4 children x

Hi ladies :wave:

Dizzy, hopefully we both find our answers soon.

MummyJade, oh that's soon! good luck with TTC

Commotion, I remember you too :) I see you are getting married soon, how exciting!

Congrats on your new baby. Also waiting to TTC for our third. Havent set a date yet, but definitely want another one or two!
X

I haven't had any yet, oh says he only wants two but I no I want more so we will see when the time comes

I had my 2nd little girl just a few days after you had your son and I'm 25 too! :thumbup:

We know that we want more children, 4 in total, but are currently unsure exactly when the time will be right to try for number 3! I'm broody again already though so it hopefully won't be too long! We've decided to revisit the ttc discussion properly a year on from Christmas but, as, despite my broodiness, I would very much like for my oldest to be in full time school before our next baby is born, we're realistically looking at April 2015 at the earliest! On the plus side, in some ways, that's not too far away if I consider how quickly the past couple of years have disappeared! Plus I could still be 26 when I conceive since my birthday's in June, though crazily that would mean that I'd have been pregnant at some point every year for 6 years of my life by the time my 3rd is born as I fell pregnant with my oldest at 22 :wacko: ! :thumbup: Ideally I'll be done having children by the time I'm 30, though 35 is my personal limit, especially as my husband is 4 years older than me and doesn't want to be looking after a newborn in his 40s!

Beca :wave:

Belle- you and me both, I don't even know where to begin as far as date setting for #3 goes, except before I'm 30. Glad I'm not the only one though.

itsnowmyturn- thats exactly how I felt before we had our 1st, only my DH only wanted 1, and now we have 2, so convincing him to have a 3rd is probably going to take a lot of work on my part

EstelSeren- I remember seeing you on the pregnancy boards :) I don't know if I'm totally broody at this point, I think I am mostly missing being pregnant though and going through the whole journey and feeling the baby move. I too want my oldest to be in full school first before we start again, so another 2 yrs minimum, maybe have our 2nd in part time schooling as well, I would like to possibly aim for a bigger age gap between my last and my 2 others, as long as I'm totally done by the time I'm 30!

We are WTT #2. We know we want two for sure but three has always been a well, not a touchy subject, but we go back and forth on it. I could definitely see my husband saying he's done after two and me being not-so-sure. I like the idea of waiting until the oldest is in school so that daycare wouldn't be bad. And perhaps if we timed it out so that the 2nd is out of diapers so we only have one in diapers... hmmm. I'm broody for my third before I've had my second! Haha!

I am some what in the same boat, however, my husband did follow through with a vasectomy. Yet, there are still times we discuss number 4, so I am very confused at the moment.

In all honesty though, I think if we were to ever seriously TTC again, it won't be until we have our degrees and careers in line. This is fine with me, I just wish he wouldn't have jumped into such a permanent form of birth control so quickly, and I wish I would have said more. So a word of advice, if you are not comfortable with a vasectomy, voice your opinion! I sit here 7 months post vasectomy and am still upset over it many days, even though I know we realistically will not have anymore children for awhile (like 2017/2018), if any at all.

Anyways, sorry for my ramblings, but it is nice to talk to people who have a long wait ahead of them as well, as I am super broody already :wacko:. People keep reassuring me this will go away in time, I am not too sure though. Only time will tell!

thank you, I actually did say something to my DH about it the other day, and thus far he's given me a "maybe" I think he prefers our first 2 to be out of doapers and in school first before we start TTC again, so we are looking at waiting until 2017, but he did say he would put off getting a vasectomy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->