Back at work monday

dannigizmo

mummy to a wee superstar
Reaction score
Hey girls, pointless thread really just need to rant, lol!

Am back at work on Monday and dreading it :nope:. Just wish i had more time at home but thats my year of mat leave gone. Know i should be grateful that am just going back 2 days a week but its 13 hour shifts and doing them together so it could be that i wont see Emma awake for nearly 60 hours!

Think am just getting anxious about it all as i know Emma loves being at her grannies. Think its just knowing i will have to juggle it all, as both grannies, my dh and me work shifts and also can we really afford me being parttime!!

I should just be quiet now and be grateful for my situation, could be much worse. I read that Bliss are trying to change the law to stop mums like us having to use mat leave when our babes in hospital. I mean, my mat leave started oct 2008 and she only got home 23rd June, 2009 lol!! NOT FAIR!!

Okay rant over ladies, apologies!! xxx

no need for apologies hun, thats what were here for :hugs: having to go back to work sucks big time wish we could all just stay at home with our babies. Given Emma was in hosp for 8 months its understandable you dont feel ready, Matthew was only in 2 and a half weeks and I feel the same so cant begin to imagine how yo feel.

Thats great that Bliss are looking into that, I agree that mat leave should come when baby is home and some form of goverment grant or compassionate leave offered, even if a sickline could be used for a while would make a big difference.

I hope things work out for your return and that yoiur shifts are not as bad as you expect, keep us posted how it goes x x

Thanks hun, will do, hopefully wont be as bad as i expect!!

Hope you dont mind me asking, how did you get on with your lo's appointment regarding his reduced arm movement, or did i miss the thread? Am sooo tired the now keep missing things and forgetting things!! 2nd night Emma in her own room, taking a bit getting used to. AAAAHHH too much change lol!! xxx

Hope it all goes ok hun. Im dreading it, Ive got a month left till Im back :hugs:

Hope you dont mind me asking, how did you get on with your lo's appointment regarding his reduced arm movement, or did i miss the thread?

Have yet to update the thread oops thought I had :blush: so far consultant not overly concerned at this point, he says Matthewappears to have equal strenght in both hands, his muscle tone is not great and will be monitored, he thinks at this point Matthew is being 'lazy' and prefers his left side (im a proud leftie :happydance:) so to try and get him to use it more with lots of tummy time and placing toys etc just out of reach of his right hand etc....
He will review it again in Jan and if there is no progress/deterioration in muscle tone well talk physio, however if we are concerned between now and then to call him back for a sooner appointment and he will arrange physio then. So feeling a bit better about it but you know us mummy's always worrying....

Oh Emma's getting a big girl eh in her own room, the first few nights are tough but you'll soon het used to the backround noise of the monitor etc. Love the new avatar hun, that tongue is a picture! my boy forever has his tongue out too x

Oh, thats good hun, though i know if you are like me you will still worry.

Emma gets physio once a month, doesnt like tummmy time but then she did get her abdomen cut open several times, have to remind my negative physio that occasionally!! Her muscles are little tight on her feet but the peds dr thinks that might be Emma resisting haha!! Will see and keep a close eye.

They will get there when they are good and ready am sure!! xxx

I go back on Monday too. Just been in a right state tonight thinking that is my maternity leave officially over with. I feel sick about it - have done since Poppy was 6 months old. Just felt like I was on countdown to going back.:nope:

I am doing two days too, thankfully not as many hours as you hun but I know exactly how you are feeling. It is so upsetting. My h/v sympathises and says she can understand that our babies are so 'precious' given that we had no choice but to be without them when they were in SCBU.

I know Poppy will be fine with my parents,but she is just so much fun to be around and is doing new things every day and I feel so angry that I will be missing out.

Sending big :hugs: Hope Monday goes ok. See you on here next week and we can compare notes :cry:

Thanks mrs, well at least come tuesday night my week of work will be over till the following week, still doesnt make it easier though that am away from her for sooo long, lol!

Plus on my days off half our time will be spent with drs, nurses, s & l, physio, hv, Emma has 4 different docs to attend but that will hopefully settle soon as am run ragged.

Think am just more annoyed as Emma away to stay at my mums tonight as we have this dinner to go to, my dh friends and ad rather be with Emma and chill or maybe sulk, hehe!! Man, i should have married a millionaire!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->