back from 28 week growth scan and clinic... good and not so good! little UPDATE page3

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
Hey girls,

I had my 28 week growth scan today and clinic appt. Me and OH went in for the scan at 2pm and little princess was very squashed in there, she was laying all funny. I had a male sonographer and he barely spoke (he was lovely but was doing all his checks etc) anyway when he had finished i said ''is everything ok?'' and he twisted up his face and said not really, theres not enough fluid around the baby, its very low (after looking in my notes the fluid is on the 2.5 percentile??? if anyone knows what that means?? I said could i have leaked etc? he said its posible but it needs investigating and the doctor will speak to you. So we went back to waiting room to wait to see the doctor at 2.40. They got me in quick and i got to see the really nice TOP TOP consultant! hes brilliant, really understands that i have a lot of questions to ask and was explaining everything! he said i really need to be closely monitored now because there is not much fluid around the baby. He said with the condition i have (thrombophelia factor 3 deficiency which means im more prone to blood clots) if they were going to see problems arise from this condition this is what they would see :/ i was always told i was borderline etc or fobbed off saying it was just precaution to be on all this medication and it just goes to show i need every bit of it and it is this thats been causing soo much trouble! He done an internal to check if i had leaked and he said he cant rule it out but it doesnt look like my membranes have ruptured but they need to keep an eye on it. He said i need to be seen every week now in the clinic and have weekly scans to check the blood flow through the placenta, then growth scans every 2 weeks. He said the problem is that when the fluid is low is is a sign the afterbirth isnt working good enough and my condition means im likely to get clots in the placenta so they need to keep an eye on it. They said her growth is fine at the moment but its something to keep an eye on too and if i get any reduced movements (like wednesday night) to go straight and get checked out). I mentioned that my doc said i wouldnt be left to go over 40 weeks and he shook his head (last time i was at this hospital they fobbed me off saying they would leave me to labour naturally) he said no way will they leave me to even go over 38 weeks as the placenta normally stops working efficiently itself around then and i cant be left for that to happen so they will push for me to get as close to 37/38 weeks. He said i may have to have a c section depending how i am in myself but its something they will keep monitoring!

So me and OH will be a mummy and daddy within the next 9 weeks :happydance: :yipee:

After all the crap i have had from that hospital (which anyone who has been following my story will know the rubbish i have gone through) i feel so relieved i am getting to see the top doc and now know whats going on, i now feel like they have pulled their fingers out and are really listening and helping and i cant thank them enough to get her here safe and sound.

(sorry its long!!! and thanks if u managed to keep up with my rambling.. just tried to get it all in haha) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fab news that they are finally listening to you and looking after you properly :) and eeeek 9 weeks is not long!! xx

Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy, Princess. I hope that the hospital really keep a close eye on you and take care of you and your precious little one.

Good luck for the following weeks and hope that all goes well.

XXX

oh hun i am sooo glad you finally got to see a decent person and got some answers.

here's hoping things go a bit smoother for you now.

And your little princess will be here soon YAY !!!!

Sorry your having a tough time but its eally good that your finally getting good care and being monitored so close . Really hope all stays well until 37 /38 weeks . Look after yourself hun x

not followed ur story but i couldnt read and run. im so glad u are getting things sorted finally. :hugs: make sure u continue to push now and dont take any crap from anyone. its important for yours and your lil girls health. good luck darling :hugs::flower: xxxx

Sorry to hear it wasn't great news about the lack of fluid but it's good you're feeling upbeat about it because you know they're gonna be much more vigilant over your condition now. 9 weeks will fly by too and you'll have your little princess! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy, I hope everything goes ok. Take care :hugs:xx

Thankyou sooo much guys!! i feel sooooooooooooooooooo much better than i got to see my proper consultant and not a registra or a stand in... he said now i will continue to see him cause i need monitoring! i was giving the hospital until my 28 week appt (today) to reassure me i could trust us in their care before i asked to be transfered and going from todays appt he has really made me happy and made me feel i can trust him. That sounds horrible doesnt it? but when i was getting second hand men i ended up being overdosed on blood thinners... told i had some unusual thing on my cervix that could potentially be a sign of cancer :/ (i have since been told its absolutley normal in pregnancy) and numerous people fob me off etc. This consultant i have been under him for years but never got to really see him unless i had been admitted to hospital but now hes taken over its much better.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oooh 9 weeks not long. Im glad they are listenin to you.

I had low fluid with Katie i was rescanned 2 days later and it had gone back up.

Babies drink their fluid and recycle it and thats how it rises and falls. Im guessing your little Princess has drunk loads and was just waiting for a wee.

Loads of hugs

v xxxx

sorry youve had abit of a tough time, hope everything else goes smoothly .. :hugs: x

Oooh 9 weeks not long. Im glad they are listenin to you.

I had low fluid with Katie i was rescanned 2 days later and it had gone back up.

Babies drink their fluid and recycle it and thats how it rises and falls. Im guessing your little Princess has drunk loads and was just waiting for a wee.

Loads of hugs

v xxxx

Hahaha yeah thats probably right!! guzzled the whole lot and makes everyone worried!! :) thanks for all your good wishes :) means sooo much xxxxx

That's so great that you've finally got a doc who's on the ball and understands your unique condition. Sounds like you've got the right help finally and that baby will be here safe and sound, a little earlier than expected!

YAY

Glad you feel you can trust the hospital now. Hope everything stays okay with your fluid levels and placenta so you can go to 37/38 weeks. xx

I'm sooo happy you got to see the top consultant. I know the feeling of going in and seeing different registrars each week! They always fob you off and make different decisions!

I'm glad they are gonna moniter you closely hun, and that they are finally taking it seriously!

Did the consultant write everything he said in your notes? That way if you ever go back and see anyone but him, or even a MW they will see that the top guy is taking it all seriously etc?

Sorry to ramble!! It's just until I met a senior doc when admitted on fri (still not top guy, but I recognised him and knew he was senior...) I'd been given soo many different responses and no one seemed sure of a definate plan! Once he'd wrote 'not to go beyond full term' it was set in stone. I hope that made sense!!

Thankyou Boomerslady... i had to look in my notes there, hard to make out his scribble haha! he doesnt say in it not to go over but when i mentioned the 40 weeks thing he shook his head and laughed. Think its common practice that because of me being high risk anyway i wasnt to be left to go over 40 weeks but then with this problem they will try and get me to 37 weeks. i will scream and shout if any one else says any different now hahaha! i got OH to back me up cause he heard it all too haha! he did say though that i will only see him from now on (i had complained to my doc about all the previous stuff so i wonder if someone has said something?) xxxxxxxxx

:hugs: I'm soo glad they are keeping an extra special eye on you. I'm sure your little princess will be just perfect... you dont have it easy tho do ya :( :hugs: xxx

Sorry you had a tough time, 9 weeks will fly by :)

Glad all was spotted and your getting the help u deserve..
you get any weight on your lil one today?xx

Thankyou girls :D

Miisdior they didnt tell me weight but when i looked in my notes there was a sheet with all measurements on and EFW.. it was 1201g which works out just over 2lb 6oz... does that sound about right?? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs:. Glad they are watching you closely now. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->