back from 28 week growth scan and clinic... good and not so good! little UPDATE page3

Thankyou girls :D

Miisdior they didnt tell me weight but when i looked in my notes there was a sheet with all measurements on and EFW.. it was 1201g which works out just over 2lb 6oz... does that sound about right?? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thats about right for 28 weeks :thumbup:. xx

Yaaaay!!! aw thankyou hunny! i dont have a clue whats normal and whats not haha! do you know what the percentiles mean? i havent a clue... most of her growth is on the 50centile but her head circumfirence is on the 10-50centiles and water 2.5centile?

xxxxxxxxx

Yaaaay!!! aw thankyou hunny! i dont have a clue whats normal and whats not haha! do you know what the percentiles mean? i havent a clue... most of her growth is on the 50centile but her head circumfirence is on the 10-50centiles and water 2.5centile?

xxxxxxxxx

The centiles are basically an average of 100 babies at same age/stage, 1 centile being the smallest and 100 the biggest, so if her growth is on 50th centile then shes bang on average, not small and not big, just perfect :winkwink:. The only one you should be concerned with is your water level hun, but seeing as the hospital are on the case then i wouldnt worry too much. :hugs:. xx

awww hunny your an absolute star!! thankyou for explaining that, its hard to understand things when their just put in the file and not explained, its much easier when you know what their terminology means... thankyou again.. makes me feel soo much better as i didnt know if 50 was good or not hehe!

Also just as a bit of an update....

I have mentioned a few times in posts that there have been a lot of gynae problems in my family and my Auntie lost quite a few babies through a lot of problems, she has 2 healthy children now but went through numerous miscarriages and i think she had 4 still born babies (sorry as alot was before i was born so im not 100 percent sure) she was monitored really well through her 2 sucessful pregnancies but there is 10 years between them. Well she phoned earlier and i was explaining what was happening and she said thats exactly how her problems started.. by showing her placenta wasnt working properly. She said she never managed to carry longer than 36 weeks. Im really scared!! is this hyreditory(sp?)? im just soo scared im going the same way as her as she has been through such a hard time throughout her ttc life! She said it was good they are going to scan and monitor me every week im just scared that Princess stops moving or something. i dont know what i'd do if anything happens to her. Do you think the weekly check ups are enough to watch out for anything untoward happening and catching it before it gets dangerous?

Sorry for going on!! just worried me a little xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm under Cons care as I lost my first baby at 22 weeks due to placental insufficiency which led to IUGR. This time I'm having 4 weekly growth scans & Cons appts, then seeing the MW as often as I like at the mo with weekly appts from 30 weeks.

I've been told that from here on in, the biggest indicator of any problems would be change or lack of movement. Whilst I wouldn't want you to get worked up over counting movements etc, I think if you notice any change in movements or you're worried things don't seem right - get yourself checked. My Cons has said even if I just don't feel 'quite right' to phone up to say I'm coming in for a check.

Fortunately for me, this pg is very different & baby is growing very nicely, estimated weight at 28 weeks was 2lb 8oz. A doppler scan at 24 weeks showed the placenta was working well & hopefully will continue to do so. Although some people do suffer with recurring placental problems, its the one thing thats new with each pregnancy.

With weekly scans, they will be able to pick up any growth problems very quickly, it sounds like you're being taken good care of.

xxx

Just to add that the likelihood of something being hereditary linking to an Aunt is quite remote - parents yes, but aunts are less likely as the genetic links are much lower.

Sorry to hear about this chick but if your aunt had these troubles before you were born i would say the medical world has moved on a hell of a lot since then so you shouldn't worry, times have changed and they know a lot more now and have more of the tools needed to spot and sort something out if they believe it will become a problem.

Awww thankyou guys!! all your info and experiences really do help! i dont want to google anything cause it tends to scare monger so i thought it would be better to look for anyone with experiences, and everyone has been fab! Its probably just one of those coincidences with me and my aunt... altho it started before i was born alot of it happened while i was younger and her second successful pregnancy was 5 years ago. Poor thing she really went through the mill, she is brilliant though saying if i need to know anything just to ask her but i feel a bit awful making her remember what she went through. I really dont know what i would do without all you girls!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm under Cons care as I lost my first baby at 22 weeks due to placental insufficiency which led to IUGR. This time I'm having 4 weekly growth scans & Cons appts, then seeing the MW as often as I like at the mo with weekly appts from 30 weeks.

I've been told that from here on in, the biggest indicator of any problems would be change or lack of movement. Whilst I wouldn't want you to get worked up over counting movements etc, I think if you notice any change in movements or you're worried things don't seem right - get yourself checked. My Cons has said even if I just don't feel 'quite right' to phone up to say I'm coming in for a check.

Fortunately for me, this pg is very different & baby is growing very nicely, estimated weight at 28 weeks was 2lb 8oz. A doppler scan at 24 weeks showed the placenta was working well & hopefully will continue to do so. Although some people do suffer with recurring placental problems, its the one thing thats new with each pregnancy.

With weekly scans, they will be able to pick up any growth problems very quickly, it sounds like you're being taken good care of.

xxx

Oh hunny i am soo soo sorry to hear of your loss at 22 weeks :( :hugs: but soo pleased that you are getting good care and they are monitoring you through this pregnancy! i took had the doppler scan at 23 weeks which showed fine, and i still think its not all that bad just they need to monitor just incase? im really not sure of what is going on at the moment, i was just soo pleased yesterday that it felt they were doing something that i didnt think about the questions i needed to ask then today i feel a bit lost not knowing all about whats going on, im back next week though so can ask all the questions in the world! i shall go straight to L&D if i feel something isnt right, or lack of movement, i dont this the other night when i hadnt felt her move, then that same day it was discovered my waters were low. Thankyou for your comment i really appreciate it hun and your advise! i hope your pregnancy continues to go well :) take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm glad there finally listening to you now hun! :hugs: and wow 9 weeks hope everything goes perfectly fine though :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->