Back From Hospital ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was baby's heart rate hun?

Am glad all seems to be okay

Temper the annoyance with remembering that you "catch more flies with honey than vinegar": generallly (once you have your point across about deserving as much respect and consideration as anyone older than you), being an angel gets you a lot further in life... :winkwink:

Here, here!!!

Also meant to say above that it's good you're being monitored now!

ohhh thats low they should have kept you in

was just looking at a graph and it should never be below 100 always above 125 hun xxx

Good for you standing up for yourself! I hate the fact that just because you're young their think their can treat you differently. :growlmad:

think my los was about that lo and had started to lessen his movements, went to the docs and they sed its probs cuz he was asleep! and cuz in the 3rd tri they get bigger and less space to move! x

Is there not another hospital you could walk into and get them to look at you. Just say you were in the area and felt faint and was concerned? Another hospital may treat you differently? I went into triage last night with tummy pains and although I wasn't contracting, and baby was fine on the monitor they wanted to keep me in. Perhaps you should be a bit sneaky and go in tonight at another hospital. They can't turn you away.

I would say 91bpm is too low personally. fetal bpm should be around teice the amount of yours. Was that definitely babies heart beat and not your own? When I was monitored last night baby was between 128 and 165bpm. Did they put the monitor on that detects movement? It was my first time on the monitor last night and was surprised they could tell when baby moved. I had a button to push when I felt baby move myself so they could see when I was feeling it and the monitor.

Another thing I just thought of, you may have to wait, but could you request to be seen by the registrar? I wasn't allowed to be discharged until he had seen me as there was a big fuss.

hope some of this helps xxx

Um, I really don't think they should've sent you home with a heart rate consistently <100. We resuscitate newborns if they're born with heartrates that low.

Im not playing devils advocate here or anything but....in this age of medical negligence and hospitals constantly having to plough thru red tape and NICE guidelines just to see us preggars ladies if there was anything wrong with her babys heartbeat there is no way they would have let her go home, not a chance. That would be straight up negligent and leave the hospital wide open to litigation. At the end of the day the midwives are the medically trained ones ,not us ( well, certainly not me anyway!) and who are we to say the lady should or shouldnt have been admitted or not. Im on my third baby and recently was kept in hospital for 4 days, i was told i couldnt even drive myself, i had to leave my car and get help straight away. I was on a ctg machine twice a day for at least 1/2 hr each time, each trace was studied and continued for longer if, for example, baby didnt move enough or the trace got interrupted.
All Im saying is, by stating that 'she should be immediately admitted' when we dont know the medical facts nor have the training to interpret them,is hardly going to ally her fears and get her to calm down!
x

Also, I just thought on netmums.com during the day and evenings there is a gealth visitor on there in the forum to answer any questions - that could help put your mind at rest xxx

Um, I really don't think they should've sent you home with a heart rate consistently <100. We resuscitate newborns if they're born with heartrates that low.

a heart rate low is what a baby in the early stages has..... and sorry to say it...... but IF AT 10 WEEKS PREG YOUR BABY HAS A HEART RATE OF 90BPM THEY SAYS YOUR LIKELY TO MC IT SHOULD BE ABOVE 125 FOR NO CONCERN

I WOULD DO WHAT SOME 1 HAS SUGGESTED GOTO ANOTHER HOSPITAL I WOULDNT BE HAPPY AT ALL SORRY AGAIN FOR SAYING THIS BUT HAVE A FRIEND WHO LOST A BABY HIS HERT JUST STOPPED PLACENTA PROBLEMS... AND IT HAPPENED IN A MATTER OF DAYS HOPE ALL IS GOOD HUN XXXXX

um, i really don't think they should've sent you home with a heart rate consistently <100. We resuscitate newborns if they're born with heartrates that low.

are you a midwife hun xx

personally I think I would still be very worried having been told my baby has a low heartrate of 91bpm and get myself up to A&E and demand to be seen straight away. I dont want to worry you, but that is a low heartrate, and you and bubbs need to be seen today to find out whats going on :hugs: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back