Back From Hospital ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok im scared now, but thats the only hospital near me with a maternity ward, the nearest one after that is either the southern general about 45mins away or stirling, which is longer, i can drive but im in no state to drive myself just now n im not with anyone who could drive me xx

oh do you have your midwifes number the one you see at your appointment?

if you do ring her tell her the deal and that they have told you nothing and that babies heart rate is 91bpm see wht she says hun

if you dont have her number ring the nhs direct they wil get a dr to ring you straight back and advise like above tell them everything an that your not happy you want to no whats wrong they should either send you to a&e or get a dr out to you if ya tell them your in no ft state to drive a dr will prob come out and check xxx

no-one wants to scare you hun, but I cant belive they would just send you away with your bubbs having such a low heart rate. If you cant get to another hospital, I would suggest going down to A&E and explaining to them what has happened and that you want to be scanned, or put on a monitor xx

um, i really don't think they should've sent you home with a heart rate consistently <100. We resuscitate newborns if they're born with heartrates that low.

are you a midwife hun xx

I'm a NICU nurse.

And I echo the other girls' advice on here - if you can't get somewhere else, just tip up to A&E and at least get CTG monitoring, if not a scan, done. They do scans for mere reassurance, so I don't see why they can't do one for low heartrate, reduced fetal movements AND reassurance. :dohh:

so ladys e have some medical knowledge here thanks hun

and yes no one ants to scare you just thinking of the safety of you and you baby good luck hun i hope everything is ok you can pm ur number if ya like and ill txt ya xx

Well done to you for standing up for yourself. It makes me absolutely furious that people think they can treat you like that due to your age. Regardless of age and circumstance, a baby is a baby and a mother is a mother; therefore they should be monitored and looked after like all others! (gets off soap box...)

As for the care they are giving you, if you want to be seen again, then do keep pushing. I don't know how low is "too low" for a heartrate but you're not going to be able to relax today unless you have some definitive answers.

I'm glad you're going off again to get looked at - don't leave until you have some answers and feel you have been given better care.

Big :hugs: to you - I hope all is well x

Well done you - put your foot down from now on. So glad everything is ok for now but I strongly want to echo what the other ladies have said about you being kept in - you're doing the right thing going back.

By the way...
I'd say that midwife probrably would have found a different feeble reason to excuse her unprofessional behaviour if you'd have been 30! She probrably just picked on the age as the obvious one.

Good luck with your follow up tonight and still go in for your appointment tomorrow x

just got in and jumped straight on here to see if there was an update.

im so relieved Lo is ok, i have to admit i did fear the worst, hwever i cant believe they sent you home.

i would def go to a n e and demand a proper monitring of Lo. 91bpm is just too low.

someone has said they wouldnt have let her go home if they were concerned but they have already let her go 1 week with no movement. if it was me i would be kicking up an almighty fuss and demanding a scan to check placenta etc...

i hope all is ok hun, you are doing all you can to take care of your Lo and the way they have treated you is appauling, def keep up the complaint.

Something doesn't add up here, there's no way a hospital would let Mum with a Baby with a HB that low just go home until tomorrow..no way at all.

Something doesn't add up here, there's no way a hospital would let Mum with a Baby with a HB that low just go home until tomorrow..no way at all.

This is what I was thinking too- a HB under 100bpm should be assessed ASAP. Hopefully all is well and HB is back up, but I would insist on a full work up regardless of today's results. Let us know what you find out but I think you should be kicking up a proper stink and getting thoroughly assessed regardless of today's results.

i hope all is well and everything gets sorted out xxxx

You hadnt felt movement for a week, babies HR was a 100bpm and they sent you home.

WTF??!!

You should have been on a CTG or a scan to check all is well. Leaving you for 24 hours is bloody dangerous.

V xxx

That crossed my mind as well.

Thats what I was getting at, in a roundabout way..

If they have they need a kick up the arse, with a heartbeat off under 100BPM a doc would have had to review the CTG and what doctor would send you home under these circumstances :shrug:

heartbeat was 91bpm V ........ im bloody petrified for this poor girl they are totally neglecting her poor love xxx

Below 100 is classed as Baby being in distress, added to the fact Baby isnt moving this is a huge sign of foetal distress.. if this 'story' were true then a hospital would have admitted and more than likely delivered the Baby..not sent her home and told her to come back tomorrow.

heartbeat was 91bpm V ........ im bloody petrified for this poor girl they are totally neglecting her poor love xxx

91!!! Oh my Christ, neglecting her dont even come close.

There are scary thoughts running through my head rite now.

V xxxx

oh no dont say that..... i hope not another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back