Back here again!

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
So I'm back in WTT again! My son was born in June so is nearly a year old and the broodiness is setting in again! :baby:

We have talked about if we would like another which we definitely do and have kind of agreed to start ttc when lo is around 2, so next June!

I currently have the copper coil but have VERY irregular periods. Kind of convinced myself that I have PCOS as I had an ultrasound before conceiving lo and have lots of little cysts on my ovaries.

Like I said I have very irregular periods, I've only had 2 proper periods since having lo and haven't been breastfeeding. I have always had problem skin and have extra hair on my belly. Maybe I am overthinking the symptoms but the more I think about it the more it seems like PCOS! The only thing is we conceived our son very quicly! I came off the pill, didn't have any periods and found out I was 4 weeks pregnant 3 months later.
I have a gynaecologist appointment next week so will be asking them to test my hormones.

Anyone with pcos think my symptoms sound like theirs? X

It does sound very similar to my symptoms. Hopefully your doctor will get you tested and you can know for sure. I have a few other symptoms like excess facial hair and insulin resistance as well.

We plan to start ttc next June. It seems so far away, yet this past year has just flown by!

See I have to have my eyebrows and top lip waxed but I'm not sure what counts as excessive?! I also have quite a bit of hair on my stomach but not sure if that's excessive either!
Hopefully they will agree to test me.

Oh I know the last year has flown by! Can't believe my lo is one soon!! X

So I'm back in WTT again! My son was born in June so is nearly a year old and the broodiness is setting in again! :baby:

We have talked about if we would like another which we definitely do and have kind of agreed to start ttc when lo is around 2, so next June!

I currently have the copper coil but have VERY irregular periods. Kind of convinced myself that I have PCOS as I had an ultrasound before conceiving lo and have lots of little cysts on my ovaries.

Like I said I have very irregular periods, I've only had 2 proper periods since having lo and haven't been breastfeeding. I have always had problem skin and have extra hair on my belly. Maybe I am overthinking the symptoms but the more I think about it the more it seems like PCOS! The only thing is we conceived our son very quicly! I came off the pill, didn't have any periods and found out I was 4 weeks pregnant 3 months later.
I have a gynaecologist appointment next week so will be asking them to test my hormones.

Anyone with pcos think my symptoms sound like theirs? X

Hey! My son was born in May and is 1 year old and now the broodiness has set in for me too :) I would suggest not getting caught up in labels. Yes PCOS is a real thing and yes hormones need to be corrected if you had it but your body is far more capable at correcting itself than you may think. I reversed my own endometriosis and conceived.

There is a GREAT article on PCOS here, a woman with similar symptoms, and reversing it: https://natural-fertility-info.com/woman-with-pcos-and-no-cycle-finds-results.html

Hope you find this helpful! <3

I totally agree with pp. I have been doing low carb to increase my insulin sensitivity. I am hoping to lose weight and start ovulating on my own. I have read a lot of success stories about it.

Thank you, that's a really interesting read.

I went to the gynae this week and he doesn't think I fit the criteria for pcos, also I've started heavy spotting, not really a period but it's been around 4 weeks since since I stopped bleeding so fingers crossed I am starting to get a regular cycle now. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->