Back in WTT! So excited!

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

So we are now back in WTT so I thought I would start a thread to give my story and catch up with you all as I don't regularly post on here anymore.

My story:

Back in 2013 I was on cerazette mini pill and had been using this for about 6/7 years. I had no periods on this pill and that suited me fine. We decided to try for a baby around July time and I took my last pill on 17th July (I think!). After that I had a small withdrawal bleed which lasted only a few days. I didn't have any more bleeding for the next 12 weeks and was getting a bit worried that something was wrong as my cycles were clearly very irregular.

During that time I took a few randomly timed pregnancy tests as obviously I had no idea where I was in my cycle. On 19th September I was driving home from work and needed the loo but I knew I had one test left at home and thought I would wait until I got home and would take the test. I got home, pee'd in a cup, dipped the test and didn't look at it for about 3 minutes. When I did look I got the biggest shock as it was blaring :bfp:
After taking a few more tests and a clear blue digital I was definitely pregnant and around 4-5 weeks - such a shock but we were over the moon!

On 2nd June 2014 my son was born 2 weeks late by ventouse, a very healthy 7lb 6oz. :happydance:

He is now a crazy, energetic, funny charming 2 year old and has us running in circles. I love our life but I'm starting to get the 'urge' for another child now!

Since I had my son my cycles have again been totally irregular. After my postpartum bleed I went onto a combined pill which sent me a bit loopy! My moods were terrible and I was totally miserable. I decided to opt for a copper coil and have had this since October 2014. Since then I have had around 10 periods so I definitely do not have one each month. Sometimes I go 3 months in a row really regularly 28-30 days and sometimes (like now) I go around 80-90 days, sometimes longer! I've got to the point now where I'm not worried about this as I figure it's just the way my body is but part of me does worry if it will cause problems when we ttc again.

So we have 'loosely' set a ttc date of November 2016 and I am so excited. My son would make a wonderful big brother and another child would complete our family. I am due to start a new job in August. I am hoping that we fall quickly again however I know that it doesn't always happen that way so I'm realistic in that I know it may take a while this time.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story, sorry it's an essay once I started I couldn't stop! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->