Back to Back and early labour???

millygirl

Reaction score
Something has been worrying me and its probably nothing, but has anyone had a back to back birth?
On Monday, Dr said the baby had rotated and was now Back to my Back?
I asked what she meant and she said that the babies head would come upright out instead of downwards.
She also said I'd have more painful contractions and more back pain?

But anyone with any advice or experiences with this???

I'am very frustrated also because been having contractions since wednesday morning.They were 1 every 20 mins but sometimes less then that lasting about 2 mins.Went into hosp that night and Dr did an internal said I was early stages of labour.Put me on the monitor and contractions showed up on machine.
She gave me some panadeine forte for pain and to help me sleep cos she didn't want me coming back into hospital when in labour with no sleep.
About 11.30 the contractions were so much more painful then any I had been getting.Took the tablets and slept well. Thursday had no contractions until late afternoon but they were more further apart then wednesdays?????
Slept crap last night and was up at 4:30 this morning with contractions starting and have had 8 since 4:30 but no regular time interval, but more painful.
I have had constant achey back and slight to mild cramping across lower adomen since early wednesday morning.!!!

I have been told this back to back can cause longer labour or drawn out labour???
Someone please tell me this is wrong!!!
If Im going to go into labour let me go, I don't want it to drag out with these pains for days!!!!!

Sorry hun.. I wish i had some answers. But i know how you feel :flower:.

I have also been told that baby is back to back and i have been having some really awful contractions on and off since Tuesday. I just wish they would stick around and i get to have my baby or they just stop.. Its driving me insane.

I hope everything works out ok for you hun :hugs:

my baby is back 2 back as well and i have been contracting for 15 days now. been told mine is caused by excess fluid, if you also have excess fluid this could be whats causing it. the highest mine read were 86 on toco!!

Occiput posterior as it is know is where your babies back is against your back, instead of against your abdominal wall, which is the more common and favourable position.
You might be able to tell if your baby is posterior if you feel kicks at the front or if there is a saucer-like dip around your belly-button. Sometimes the head fails to engage in this position.. and if you know you and your baby are in this position before labour, you can help to alter it's position by spending alots of time on all fours. It is thought that gravity helps the heaviest parts (the head and the back) swing round so the baby faces your back (occiput anterior)

The advice for in labour is also to be on all fours. 80% of all babies in this position rotate spontaneously during labour.

...and the bad news is..

Posterior labours tend to be longer, and perhaps more painful (pain is subjective), and offen accompanied by alot of backache.
If you can cope with the pain, there is progress being made in your labour, and the baby isn't distressed, there should be no need for intervention, and you should be allowed to push for as long as you can. Squatting helps with the delivery.

Rotational forceps can be used, called Kielland's to turn the baby in the second stage. And it maybe recommended that an episiotomy be necessary, because of the position, the diameters need to be larger than the other rotation.

Lets hope you can get your LO's to turn

xxx

My son was back to back. I did need intervention in the end cos he started to rotate & ended up facing sideways, making the head circumfrance wider. He was 9lb 14oz so the medics said this would have made the delivery a bit more difficult too.

Cant say that I suffered with back pain during labour, the contractions were strong but managed with gas 'n' air & pethedine.

2 mums I know delivered naturally back to back so it can be done.

Good news ... back to back babies stand more chance of coming earlier because the position that they are in puts extra pressure on your waters.

The back pain is horrid ... BUT it takes your mind off the contractions.

My labour was 10 hours no intervention ... 45 minutes of pushing, no tears, cuts, grazes, so they arent all bad :)

I delivered my son at 34 weeks back to back with no pain relief! (not out of choice) try not to worry hun its not uncommon x

Caitlyn was back to back...similar to you, had contractions for days. In the end I demanded they admitted me as they were 4 minutes apart and lasting 50 seconds and I'd had no sleep for 4 days!

In the end my actual pushing part lasted only an hour and a half. Had to have a ventous which failed and then forceps and a cut but that was the MW's rushing people through...my MW said if they had left me half hour more and not tried the ventous which made her turn a bit thus making a natural delivery impossible! Caitlyn would have come naturally. Listen to your body is the best advice I can give...I knew I didnt need the cut and forceps etc but felt so pressured by them!

Thanks.
I am having alot of back pain with the contractions and geez is it painful!!

Really hope it speeds up for you soon hun :hugs2: I pratically lived in the bath before they admitted me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->