Back to work Q

youngy

Reaction score
Sad post but I'm back to work next month 4 days a week, not sure what to do about milk for DS who will be 9 months. He is getting there with his solids and loves water out of a doidy cup but will not take a bottle. I have decided I am not going to express milk for him as I don't think he will drink it and I hate expressing. Will feeding him morning, afternoon & allllll night lol be enought? Or shall I try a cup of formula at lunch? On the days I'm not at work will I be able to feed him In the day or will this mess my boobs around too much? I'm scared of getting mastitis.
Everyone keeps asking when I'm going to finish breastfeeding and that I ought to 'get him off it' it's really getting to me now as I love feeding him and feel like I'm being judged, now I'm crying!
Sorry for rambles :-(

:hugs: going back to work sucks but it will get easier.

I never had a time to stop in my head, we've just kind of carried on and nobody says anything but that's probably because we only do it at home. When out she has water. All of my family are supportive. Do not let anybody make you feel bad. Your milk is for your baby, it's natural. They drink milk from a large hairy animal tell them, how minging is that lol

As you're not expressing then I guess you'll have to move to formula for a few months as baby can't have cows milk until 1 anyway. Then from 1 food should be the primary nutritional source so it would be fine to BF morning, afternoon and evening as milk is then just a drink.

I work 5 days a week so BF morning and evening. On the weekends when we're home she feeds as much as she likes. If we're out she has water. My body has simply adjusted and I've had no problems at all. When I first went back to work at I had to express a bit off but supply has regulated after a week.

Good luck :flower:

I went back at 11months. Tried and failed every way of getting DD to take milk that wasn't from a boob. In the end I opted to just make sure she had 2-3 portions of diary a day (milk on her cereal, a yoghurt for pudding that kind of thing). I was away from her from 7:30am until 2:30pm 5 days a week. She just made up the feeds when we were together.

We were the same. I went back at 10 months and he wouldn't have any other milk! Spoke to HV and she said feeding when we were together was fine.

Thank you ladies for making me feel better, I never even thought that he might not drink formula as he has never tried it! I've given myself a talking to and we will continue feeding until i decided to stop not anyone else! It just gets to me because I choose to breastfeed/baby wear/co sleep/BLW everyone seems to criticise but my husband said they would no matter what I did and I guess he is right!

I'm sure it will go fine.

You might want to try and drop a feed or two during the day in advance of going back to work to give your boobs a chance to adjust.... assuming baby can be distracted from wanting a boobie and it all depends on how much and how often he nurses during the day. I think I started about a month before retuning avoiding the one feed of the day I knew I'd miss for work.

I have done a few back to work days and just eats solids/water, he doesn't even miss the boobs? And when I get home I offer of course but he isn't too fussed! Since he has started to eat more I think he has cut down on his own as I don't feel so full when I'm at work. To be honest I have no idea how many feeds he has I still just feed on demand, and he feeds pretty much all night long ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->