Back To Work

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Anyone recently gone back to work or due to go back soon?

I shortened my MAT leave to 26 weeks but extended it due to moving so I go back on the 1st July which is a little over 30 weeks MAT leave! I'm dreading it!

I work from home & people think that would be great but you see I work for an employer, I have a salary and office hours are 9-5 so like everyone else I have to work within those hours (only one who works from home in the company) it is a bit handy to work from home but I know concentration will/could lack because babies aren't exactly quiet are they and still demand attention!

Hows everyone feeling about either returning or getting ready to return to work? Any work at home Mummies that have to work office hours like me?

Will you get a nanny? or nursery? It will be hard to keep to set times with a lo :(

No its too expensive which I worked out after seeing what childcare costs we were entitled to! Both at home you see!

I was due to go back this month but I'm returning September part time- dont want to go back, I joined a playgroup when Lucy was 3 weeks old and go 3 times a week and have met soooo many nice people I wont see when I return :hissy: Rebecca and Lucy love it there, but hey I need to earn spondoolies :baby:

I'm due back September...we return to the UK August....I'm dreading 1000%!

im going back on 4th august!! quite looking forward to it actually, not because im sick of callum but just for some me time.

going on holiday on 26th july - 2nd august so straight back to work after!! and my new hours mean i still get to spend time with callum through the day.

Im not due back till october..But im going to go back mid-august, to start geting some overtime in for christmas. Luckily though, my uncles a childminder, and as we dont have the same surnames he's able to take Kyle on as one of his kids. I will only pay 30% of childcare costs im sure..cause I only work 16 hours and doing home studying. Im looking foward to it! Miss my work buddies :( only see them now and then xx

I have a little less then a month left :( I work 6 days every two weeks 9-5. I dreading the thought of leaving him but the hospital is always changing and if I stay away for long when I go back I won't have a clue what to do!!

I've gone back to work 12 hours a week. Just so they dont write me off. My FMLA ran out in April, and they have been nice enough to keep me on a as needed.

I work from home and started working again 5 days after she was born, not full time, but probably close to 15 hours a week for now. I can do a lot of my work at night though, so that makes it TONS easier. I don't know how you could do 9-5 with a LO crawling around.

I do 6 hours between 9-5 I think I could see if I could do my 6 hours between maybe 9-6 & splt my day into two 3 hours! OH is here but he works and I can still hear her :lol:

I'm going back in Oct and I'm dreading it. I go straight onto placement, so, shift work, in the hosp :wacko: so not exactly easing into it :(

Im due back 16th sept but i wont be returning to my old job as i cant work 4 days a week cos no one can have rio, not worth me payin for nursery or child minder cos it would cost more than i
earn, however i do need to get another job :cry:
Dreading leavin Rio though!
x

First "proper" post here, so...hello :D

I'm in a similar situation - I work for my MIL (a lawyer), and we live in the same building from which she operates her firm, so I'm effectively working from home. I've been back at work since my son was about three months old, and it's been pretty hard going. There are so many great advantages to this set-up: I don't have to leave him in childcare, I can continue to breastfeed without the hassle of expressing milk, and I can work reasonably flexible hours to accommodate his needs. However, the downside is that I can never really concentrate 100% on my work, even when he's asleep, and my productivity has really taken a beating as a result. Also, I find I'm just not capable of doing things the way I used to before (I was really good at juggling a whole bunch of tasks at once - nowadays, I'm pretty happy if I can remember my own name before 9am :p ). Finally, despite constant reassurances from my MIL and FIL, I have enormous guilt feelings about not managing to work as much as I should for the salary I'm on.

Guh. Sorry, I didn't mean to be so negative.

I'm contemplating what to do about the situation now. I want to stay working, but I'm not sure if I can continue to manage full time work and looking after my son. However, I'm reticent about dropping to part time because I'm not sure whether my problems are really because I'm trying to do too much, or just because I need to plan my day better or sort out my priorities, and I'll face the same problems even if I do go part time.

Man, this is hard work, innit?

Anyway...having washed my head in your thread, I wish you good luck with your return to work, and hope that you find a good balance between looking after bub and getting your work done!

ETA: Just wanted to add, feel free to ask anything about my situation - if there's anything out of my experience that can help make yours run smoothly, then I'm very happy to share!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->