Back TTC #2 at 38. CD1 anyone else want to join me?

Mondie

Reaction score
Back trying for #2, well actually have been trying half heartedly for a few months. Last month tried properly and thought I was pregnant but no, af arrived this morning and I'm devastated :cry:

So I've had a good cry and have decided to pick myself up and try again. It's really hard as all my NCT friends have had #2 or are pregnant, mind you they are all 30 so have time on their side.

If anyone would like to keep me company this month that would be fab!

Xx

Hi there mondie, I'll join you. I'm ttc #2 at 40 & currently cdpo 8. I've been trying for a few months now. I'm not getting any signs but I can't remember if I got any signs in the tww stage with my first one. Every time AF comes its the enormous guilt I feel that my dd won't be getting a sibling that gets me & the enormous pressure that comes with that to keep trying as that clock ticks on! It's that aspect for me that causes me the most of the emotional roller coaster ride for me! I try to stay positive but then part of me doesn't let myself get too positive IYKWIM so it's not such a feeling of devastation when AF comes...sorry I should say IF AF comes lol!

Hi there, thanks for the reply. How old is you dd? My ds is 2.5 and I really want him to be a big brother. I don't know about you but I feel like I'm on a countdown and with every month with no bfp it gets harder.

With my ds it took us 11 months to conceive and it nearly broke me mentally. The month we got our bfp was the month I stopped caring, so maybe I need to chill out. Though I worry I don't have the time to chill as I'm getting older each month. Aaahhhh!!

Anyway I'll stop moaning! I really hope this is your month for a bfp,mill keep my fingers crossed for you. When would you expect to find out this cycle if you are successful?

Hey there, if you see my signature you'll see my dd is just a little older than your ds & I see we joined the same year. I was 37 when I fell pregnant naturally with my dd & it's funny cos I'd say it was abt 11 months with us too! I definitely know what you mean about that countdown! What's also weird is cos it hasn't happened so far with us for #2 yet, I reminded all over again how hard it was getting pregnant with #1 then I get all anxious again. I mean once I fell pregnant (& I didn't expect that month of trying to succeed anymore than any other month we tried) but once it did I was so overjoyed but at the same time thinking now why didn't that happen sooner when I would've been just that bit younger. This time round & I read all the stats I just think it was a miracle we got our #1 & it just makes me think, things happen when they happen for a reason...what that reason is I'll never know lol! But it's the unsaid pressure to add to your first one that constantly is hanging over my head that gets me. Part of me thinks well least we're trying..& there's the flip side to it knowing that particular month you tried but failed. It's just if doesn't happen..it's not me it'll mainly affect for the future.
I'm not too hopeful ths month as my DH was away for work the day my OPK was positive but we'd BD'd the night before...so we'll see in a week or so. Like I said my natural instinct has been to play it all down in the tww stages so I think I won't be as disappointed but every time I'm taken aback how devastated if feel when AF comes it's like I'm grieving for that day! Anyway let's try happy thoughts & hold onto the fact that we have LOs!

Totally get the feeling of grieving when af arrives, I too have decided to try and not get my hopes up in this cycle but we'll see!

Positive thoughts all round then eh!? I'll check in again soon, have a good few days ��

May I join, please? I'll be 40 before long and I'm trying for my second baby. My husband isn't entirely on board, so it's not going very well. My first baby is 2 and a bit, and I am in tww at the moment.

:hi: I am also 40 and in the TWW. Fx for all of us!

Joining you ladies! Currently 37 and ttc # 2 .. it's been about 1.5 years trying now .. would like to do it naturally.. not considering ivf or iui

May I join, please? I'll be 40 before long and I'm trying for my second baby. My husband isn't entirely on board, so it's not going very well. My first baby is 2 and a bit, and I am in tww at the moment.

:hi: I am also 40 and in the TWW. Fx for all of us!

Joining you ladies! Currently 37 and ttc # 2 .. it's been about 1.5 years trying now .. would like to do it naturally.. not considering ivf or iui

Hi there ladies! Glad you can join us! Any of you get any signs in the tww stage when pregnant before? I'm getting nada at the moment & i am currently cdpo 9 but I don't think I got anything last time with #1, just no AF. When I originally posted I was cdpo 6 not 8! :dohh:

Welcome everyone. I'm in the frustrating wait to ovulate and just wish it would hurry up so we can try again.

I didn't really have any in the 2ww with my ds but I remember thinking u was going to be sick on approx dpo11 but tested bfn. Once I had my bfp I had a lot of cramping, last cycle though I had loads of symptoms and I was convinced I was pg but nope. So I guess we're all so different!

Hi Ladies,

Can i join ?

I m 39 (40 in 2 mns - ahhh!!) and ttc no 2. Had ds at 36, he s 3.5 now, took 18mns to concieve him. Concieved again this time last year after just 6mns of periods being back (was still bfeeding) but sadly mc at 10wks. No luck since and have been diagnosed with immune issues (high cytokines and high nks). I also have low amh. Also really feeling the age pressure and didn t count on how bad i d have this aching desire to be able to give my ds a sibling. Had hoped for a 3yr gap (which it would have been had i not miscarried last year), now will be lucky if its 4yrs and getting to thinking any age gap will be better than none ! We won t do ivf but are doing immune tx to ttc naturally.

On cd 1 today, had a really early ov last mn (day 8) so hoping for a better cycle this month. Good luck girls, babydust to all !

Hi ladies - I would like to pop in here and there as well. My DD is only 9 1/2 months so I am not even ovulating yet but, being 38 my husband and I want another as soon as possible. We are not protecting and just hoping we catch the first egg or that I begin to ovulate soon. I plan to stop breastfeeding as soon as my daughter is 1, at the end of May.

It took about 7 months to get pregnant the first time which ended in a very early MC. I then got pregnant my first ovulation and lost that pregnancy at 8 weeks. My second MC was very complicated and did not complete for about 1 month. I waited a few months to ttc and it then took only 2 more months to become pregnant with our daughter. I really don't know if I can cope with another loss but somehow I feel intuitively like I will get pregnant again and that the baby will be healthy.

Hi ladies! Can I join in on the fun? I'm 37 but will be 38 in a little over 2 weeks. DS turns one two days after. It took us about 2 years to have DS so we decided that we would start trying right away for #2. I really want to be done having babies by 40 so we have a short window of time to get this done. :haha: When trying for DS we went down the clomid/femara/iui route with no luck then quit trying and BAM! This time we are just trying naturally. I did start taking Vitex to try and regulate my cycles. So far it has caused more confusion than anything.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Back trying for #2, well actually have been trying half heartedly for a few months. Last month tried properly and thought I was pregnant but no, af arrived this morning and I'm devastated :cry:

So I've had a good cry and have decided to pick myself up and try again. It's really hard as all my NCT friends have had #2 or are pregnant, mind you they are all 30 so have time on their side.

If anyone would like to keep me company this month that would be fab!

Xx

I know exactly how you feel hun, I really thought I was pregnant last cycle, then AF arrived this morning! We've been trying for 10 long months now :( I had a cry too, but trying to pick myself up now.. Back at cycle day 1, hoping this cycle is it for me. Ignore my ticker, it's slightly off! I hope this cycle brings you a :bfp:! :dust: When do you usually ovulate? :) x

Hi Ladies

How are we all doing? I'm patiently waiting to ovulate (well not very patiently at all actually!) I usually ovulate on day 18 so still have a while to go yet.

Positive thoughts everyone :thumbup:

Hi everyone.
Can I join. I have joined a few threads lately in my obsession to get pregnant but this one really struck a chord as I'm in the same boat.
dd is 2 and a bit. It only took about 5 months of ntnp to conceive her. We started trying again for a sibling xmas 2013 when she was 10 months. Since then I've had an mc and a mmc.

Today I'm on cd16 and I usually o on cd21. I'm scared I wont o this cycle as I didnt last cycle. That was straight after the erpc (dd&c) for the mmc which I think is pretty common.
I had a cry this afternoon because my opk was still completely blank. The last time I used thEm I had a fade in surge. I feel the same about the age gap and guilt and sometimes I think it will never happen.

Spudtastic, so sorry about your losses. Don t be too disheartened about your cycle as is it first one post dnc. i know it s frustrating waiting (esp at our age) but i guess if your body isn t ready then better for it to take a bit of time.

I too never accounted for the guilt and overwhelming desire to give ds a sibling. If i m honest first baby was for us and although i d absolutely love another one for myself the main driving force for ttc no 2 is so ds isnt an only child. It s what pushed me on thru the pain of my mc and keeps me going thru these ttc difficulties (which are made worse by needing drugs for immune issues). Just feel i ve got to give it my best shot for him !

Also i see the age gap getting bigger. My ideal was 3yrs. If i fell this month it ll be 4yrs 4mns. But then again i try to think any gap is better than no sibling and i m doing all i can so i guess we should all try not to beat ourselves up !

Hope your cycle settles down soon.

Hi to everyone else. I m waiting for ov and hoping it doesn t come as early as last mn (day 8!). On day 6 today. Sounds like a few of us are waiting for ov.

Hula - you described it exactly. When I got pregnant with dd I wasn't worried if I had kids or not. Now I have dd I love her so much and I want her to have a sibling.
I hope you get a bfp soon.

I just did an opk (eearly) at 10 am. I usually do them at 2pm. Its practically positive. So will do another around midday. We bd cd13 and cd16 So will try tonight too. I'm sick though and so is dh.

Happy early Mother's Day to me! ...I'm in shock...overjoyed shock but still shock. These past few days all I've been doing is steeling myself not to break down at the first sign of AF...that I will be strong!

https://[URL=https://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/mrsb5810/happy%20mothers%20day/?action=view&current=e26040a99d578c19f2587aa9751166ae.jpg][IMG]https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/mrsb5810/happy%20mothers%20day/th_e26040a99d578c19f2587aa9751166ae.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

I'm so in shock ..lets try again

https://[URL=https://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/mrsb5810/happy%20mothers%20day/?action=view&current=e26040a99d578c19f2587aa9751166ae.jpg]https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/mrsb5810/happy%20mothers%20day/th_e26040a99d578c19f2587aa9751166ae.jpg[/URL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->