Bad cold!

Nikie

Reaction score
So...some martyrs - also known as lawyers - at my firm kindly came into the office this week with stinking horrible colds and really bad coughs. Spluttering all over the place because you know, they are far too busy to take time off...

I've woken up this morning with sore throat and a cough :( is this really bad for baby? I'm so mad at them!!!!

It won't hurt baby at all hun. Just be careful what meds you take, think that's the part that's dangerous for baby. Just rest up and make sure you get plenty of fluid. Wouldn't be too hard on your co workers though as realistically you could have caught a cold anywhere, might not be from them even though it seems that way. I can't say much as I never ever take a sick day unless I have something that could be dangerous to others so im one of those people that could be accused of spreading germs. Cold is a cold so I normally dose up and off to work I go. Hope you feel better soon!

I feel for ya Hun I had it all last week it was awful especially alongside my morning sickness! Plenty of rest and don't use any cold and flu meds as it's the decongestant in them that's dangerous for baby. Paracetamols are ok to take though. Hope your feeling better soon xx

Thanks ladies....yeah I'm feeling a lot more rational now! I haven't taken a sick day in two years but I have definitely been under the weather at times so we are all guilty of it! I was only thinking how selfish it was of them because I was so worried about baby. You are the voice of reason! Thank you xxx

When I was pregnant with my son I was told I could take tylenol cold. Benedryl. Zyrtec, reg tylenol. Hot decaf honey lemon tea is great. Vicks vapo rub, robitussin cf and plain robitussin. They assured me that a day or two use would not hurt myself or the baby as long as I was healthy otherwise, like no heart problems or high blood pressure..I ended up taking tylenol cold fir two days, vicks vapo rub and nasal saline. Feel better hun.

I have a cough and it sucks. I feel your pain. :(

I had a really bad cold a few days ago. Really thought it was going to turn into flu as I was so achy and had chills then a temperature on off. Paracetamol and I also used Lemsip when I was really bad. Cold has gone now but I am left with swollen salivary glands and cold sores. Must have battered my immune system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->