Bad eczema flare- 6 weeks pregnant?

@ttc first it sounds chapped. I swear by hydrocortisone if it's unbearable. @ macydarling eucerin IS great! I use pure virgin coconut oil because my skin is dry and it's seems to help. I hope I don't get as itchy as I did last time. It's was terrible. I was scratching til I bled. I do think the hormones flare everything up!

Gosh the benadryl must be wearing off cause the itch is back. Looks like my eyelids are filled with fluid. Eww.

The coconut and shea butters help a lot with repairing my skin. If I'm super itchy I put aloe vera on my skin and an ice pack. Last pregnancy I had hydrocortisone cream prescribed bc of how bad it was, which helped loads!

I remember having it bad as a teen but during my swim team seasons it would literally disappear so I'm getting a membership at the local indoor pool this month in the hopes the chlorine will help, again. I've heard tanning helps, too (my cousin's dermatologist actually suggested it) but there's no way I can go pregnant lol

I could honestly cry I'm so uncomfortable :( Tanning helps me the most but I obv can't do that now either since I'm pregnant. I called the pharmacist and he said to use a small amt of cortisone cream. I was like, is that safe while pregnant? And he said it shouldn't be a problem because its topical. But online it says that its a category c so I'm scared to use it.

Up to you if you want to use it, I literally slathered it all over my arms and legs last pregnancy once a day. It helped a lot with the inflamed skin.

I might have to try it. Im reading online that pregnancy can cause eyelid swelling and all kinds of eye issues. So maybe its normal.

I've used cortisone as others said no problem during pregnancy including this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->