"Bad feeling" with a previous loss?

LilBean2010

Reaction score
I lost twins in my second trimester last year. The entire pregnancy, I had a bad feeling. I just couldn't get the worry out of my head. When I lost the pregnancy it kind of confirmed my worst fear.

I am now 15+1 with a beautiful single pregnancy and in the last 2 weeks, have developed that same sinking feeling and I don't know if it means something or if it is fear from the previous loss.

My doctors have done 6 ultrasounds and the baby looks perfect - the 12 weeks scan was perfect...no red flags. I have cried all day and I don't know if it's a sign something is going to go wrong, hormones or just a bit of fear creeping in.

Has anyone else been in this kind of situation?

firstly :hugs:
I think you are bound to have these concerns and fears after a loss!
I lost my little boy at 24weeks and like you I always felt as if there was something wrong....and panicked about everything.....
they never found anything wrong with him or me after....
I often wonder if I really "knew" or if it is just something I assigned to all the normal pregnancy worries with hindsight?....iykwim?
I read a load of threads in all trimesters with loads of worries and women feeling like they will never have a living baby at the end and most of the ladies have ended up with perfectly health babies....and I hope that will be the case for you and me as well!

Sadly I think its normal for us to feel like this in a pregnancy after a loss - I lost at just past 12 weeks in Decemeber but kind of felt like I knew it was going to happen, but that time I had migraines and night chills which was unusual ......... Anyway, over the weekend I got to 8 weeks which is when I was convinced I lost last time, and symptoms vanished again and I just felt like all was gone, I said to oh I felt it was over again, and then this morning I had brown spotting and just felt like I knew it was over! So I had a scan and all is fine thank god!!! I was so convinced I knew it was over, but I was wrong, one of the only times Im thankful I was wrong lol

I talked to my OB about this "bad feeling" when I went in for bleeding yesterday (thank GOD all was fine) and he said after a loss it is common to worry the whole pregnancy through, but they will monitor things extra close and pay careful attention.

Turns out my bleeding yesterday was from a cervical polyp that they cut and cauterized so it didn't continue to bleed. He said it is the best possible case for bleeding! :)

Thank you for your responses...it is nice to know I am normal! (or at least that feeling is normal :haha:)

Hugs and sticky baby dust to all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->