bad luck or not ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by fulltimemum, Oct 29, 2008.

1. fulltimemum

fulltimemum Well-Known Member

do you belive that if you have baby things in house its bad luck my mam was a big beliver of it but i have always had baby things in house before baby is born had millie cot and pram set up 2 months before i had her lol

2. pictureperfect

pictureperfect Well-Known Member

I don't think its bad luck, maybe before the 12 week mark it would be but you need to get things in order before the baby comes.

We will probably be getting our pram etc in January and thats 2 months before the baby will be due

x

3. fulltimemum

fulltimemum Well-Known Member

yeah hun i dont buy things for baby till i find out sex lol

4. pictureperfect

Me neither I was adament I still wouldn't but once I knew it was a girl I just can't resist, havn't brought too much its my friends and family that keep buying!!!!

5. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

We're in the same situation... but we're not superstitious although other family/ppl are bugger it, you have to get ready otherwsie it's going to be rly stressful when bub comes.. we've got our nursery area in the bedroom ready, cot is up mainly as storage to keep all the baby stuff in we get every now and again so its not all over the flat. Personal preference i think, maybe before the 12 weeks but naaaah go for it. x

6. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I have everything , I did wait untill i saw baby on first scan .. But that was reassurance more than superstision .
    As soon as we knew he was a boy couldnt help ourselfs ... Ohhhh and **Blush** I set the cot up last night lol . xx .

7. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

Yaaaaaaaay go mummymadness, we set ours up sunday night too!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
    Does anyone know best place to get matress from?? It's exciting lol. xx

8. pictureperfect

Argos do Mamas and Papas mattresses x

9. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

Im not allowed the pram in my house my mum would go mad! But everything else i have

10. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

yeah its just the pram i dont have in my house,have everything else set up.. its just something everyone keeps saying, but its mainly because of lack of space! x

11. spicysugar

spicysugar Well-Known Member

i bought my pram stright away coz last timewe st4ruggled to get one we liked they had very little in stock i dont think there is anything wrong with getting ready

12. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Im not alowed my pram in the house but have got most other things. My mums quite superstitious so my lovely pram has to stay in the shed :(
    Xxx

13. Twinkles

Twinkles Well-Known Member

nah, i think its a load of tosh!

14. codex

codex Well-Known Member

I do not believe that at all. I had things way before my son was born and he was fine.

15. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

oh my gosh am i way behind or what! i dont have anything!!!

dont think its sunk in prop yet becos of previous probs

this morning i was talking to my midwife re my 20 week scan in 13 days! and i was like suddenly wow im nearly half way there!

16. MarshMellow

MarshMellow Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump

We got a bargin on our pram and got it today but thats in the garage round the corner. we got bits of clothes and stuff in the house though.

17. PixieKitty

PixieKitty Guest

Haha I hope not!

18. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

Same here, my mother in law has foridden us to have the pram in the house, so thats over at her house, but we have everything else here.

19. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

We got loads of baby things in the loft so if it is bad luck we are knackered!!!!

We got our moses basket 2 days ago and that is ready. The cot won't come out of the loft until after baby is here, then we can use her room for Grandmas to stay and she will sleep in with us!!! We are going to get the nursery ready in Jan and buy the pram then but we will keep in the the garage as MIL said thats bad luck???????

20. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

I had all the stuff in my house before my other two were born,so I don't really worry about tbh :)