Bad Mommy :(

xforuiholdonx

Momma to Emma and Coltin!
Reaction score
So, I had to take LO to the doctors office today, as she has a horrible fever, and some lady in the waiting room, called me a bad mommy because she had a sippy cup and not a baba. LO was holding said sippy cup just fine and actually prefers it to her bottle most days, and its still a soft nippled sippy :growlmad::dohh:. As if to add to my bad, she then continued to glare at me until they were called in. Since when is giving a baby a sippy so wrong? :shrug: especially if she can hold the handles?

What?? That is not wrong at all! Not to mention, it's YOUR child- YOUR decision! No one has the right to call you a bad mom!!! - especially over something so silly! (I would understand the confrontation if you were beating your child in the waiting room, but I mean, seriously!!) People like this make me so mad. Don't listen to her!! Most sippy cups say that you can start using them around 6 months. It's great that your LO is using one already. I would have been SO PISSED OFF. Did you say anything back to her?! I can't believe how rude people can be these days... not to mention, you were doing nothing wrong! xoxoxo :hugs:

who is she? so i can give her a piece of my mind :growlmad: i would of said " my baby my business. Fyi she prefers her sippy to her bottle. If it makes me a bad mother to give her what she wants then so be it." your not a bad mommy hun :hugs:

Thanks ladies, it just made me feel bad.. I mean she ssick as it is, and it was just a low blow I guess.
& no, i didnt say anything back, I just cant believe how rude people can be :(

Most doctors recommend introducing a sippy cup around 6 months so they can be off the bottle by a year. I can't believe she even said anything to you. If someone said something like that to me I would be beyond pissed off.

:dohh:

She's probably just jealous because of her inability to teach her child to do things like hold a sippy cup. I can't believe some people sometimes, what a bitttttttch!

I would have told her to back off and keep her opinions to herself and probably said something like "are your kids as rude as you?"

Woah!! First of does she even know exactly how old your child is? Doubt it!
It really bugs me when people think they have the right to judge when they dont! Blah so many people have a terrible time getting their babies to come off bottles so when someones LO does it by themself and is happy with it then a congrats would have been more appropriate!!
Arghhh i respect you for not saying anything coz i know i would have lol

:hugs: Just ignore people like that Hun. You're not a bad Mummy at all, there's nothing wrong with giving your baby a sippy cup. I was told as from 6 months and even some sippy cups say 4, that sippy cups should be introduced so you're doing nothing wrong.
I wish people like that would just but out and let people on get with their lives :nope:

she is prob stuck in the olden age where they had to use glass bottles wit h a teat stuck on top, i would of asked her did she have a problem then tell her she dose not no my daughter in anyway to say something like that. im sick of older women glarin at me when im out with the pram as if we aint good enough to have kids, i dont think so. If we are old enough an mature enough to have sex then we are old enough take take care of are children.

What thats random, didnt think there was anything wrong with them :shrug: Wish Noah would sit and hold his and drink nicely though :haha: Instead he likes to bang it and shake it so it goes everywhere :dohh: He will OCCASIONALLY pick it up and take a sip but really not often at all.. He def wouldnt sit holding it and drink it x

What a fucking idiot! If anything it is recommended to get babies onto sippy cups as early as possible as its not good for their teeth to stay on bottles for too long!

where i work there is a 9 month old and he wont drink out of a sippy cup he prefers a cup with a straw that his parents send in with him. so i bet she would have had something to say about that. the big picture is that your baby gets the fluids she needs and if that means a sippy cup then theres nothing wrong with that x

where i work there is a 9 month old and he wont drink out of a sippy cup he prefers a cup with a straw that his parents send in with him. so i bet she would have had something to say about that. the big picture is that your baby gets the fluids she needs and if that means a sippy cup then there's nothing wrong with that x

holy crap! a cup with a straw? Lol smart kid.
Idk I guess I'm just fed up with nasty glares from older people who think I don't know a thing about how to take care of my own child. They just snub me as if I'm a disgrace to their world. eff that. Most moms are younger now, and I don't feel really that age defines the type of parent you are.
Ugh people. :dohh:

Ugh I hate ignorant people! Its not like you were letting her starve! I wish Emma would drink out of a sippy cup :dohh:

Ugh I hate ignorant people! Its not like you were letting her starve! I wish Emma would drink out of a sippy cup :dohh:

Hehe that confused me for a minute. I was like "Wait, emma is drinking out of a sippy...?" Then looked at your sig and realized your daughters name is emma too! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->