Bad news and feeling hopeless!

Today has been a relapse. I feel so angry at the fact that I cannot get pregnant! I don't see how my husband and I deserve this! I am so upset, his parents asked to borrow R20000 but they haven't even paid back the money from last year or the year before. I recently resigned from my job. My husband hasn't told them we can't get pregnant so they keep asking for grandchildren. I feel like the savings we have is my hope that soon I will have a baby. Now people want to take that away! I just feel frustrated. My in laws can't speak English so I can't even talk to them myself. Probably for the best. My husband wants me to stop thinking about babies :( as if he is giving up :(

We spent 3 years TTC with nothing wrong that anyone could find. I know it doesn't seem fair and like you've been trying forever but try to remain open and objective. As it's been said more than once sperm counts can and do change and if thats what stands in your way currently than there are worse things. There are other options as well if it turns out thats the biggest problem.

It sounds like your husband is stressed out as well and most couples find they need to take a break of TTC and all the stress that comes with it. Dont beat yourself up and dont give up hope yet either :)

Not the same, as in the problems are me, BUT. I have been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis - with totally blocked tubes.

They've told me I'll need IVF if we want another baby, BUT considering that I concieved Nathan naturally they've said I should TTC naturally for 12 months then go for IVF. So I'm looking at Jan 2016 for that.

It was a lot to get my head around, so I was happy to have the leeway. Can you talk to your doctors about that as a possibility?

If medication can help your OH then might that help the sperm?

Much love :hugs:

Today has been a relapse. I feel so angry at the fact that I cannot get pregnant! I don't see how my husband and I deserve this! I am so upset, his parents asked to borrow R20000 but they haven't even paid back the money from last year or the year before. I recently resigned from my job. My husband hasn't told them we can't get pregnant so they keep asking for grandchildren. I feel like the savings we have is my hope that soon I will have a baby. Now people want to take that away! I just feel frustrated. My in laws can't speak English so I can't even talk to them myself. Probably for the best. My husband wants me to stop thinking about babies :( as if he is giving up :(

Is your husband still going to continue the meds?
I know its easier said then done but try not to speak negative thoughts on yourself , instead of thinking you cant get pregnant remind yourself your time will come. the meds your husband was prescribed have been proven to raise sperm count . I hope your inlaws start paying you back soon, and your husband probably does not want you stressing over TTC , stressing never solves anything, my husband is the same if it does not happen naturally it wont happen for us.

My husband is till taking his menopur injections, we have two weeks left. He is supposed to go for another semen analysis then, not sure if he will. I have calmed down a bit after our argument the other day. I realised that me stressing puts a lot of pressure on him. I don't want him to feel like I blame him. I am feeling positive that the meds will help. Next month we going to try again using pre-seed and I'm going to chart my temp and OP.

We were told that DH has low sperm count and all were either poor or dead. He said he cannot say impossible but if he could he would. 6 weeks later I was pregnant!

My husband is till taking his menopur injections, we have two weeks left. He is supposed to go for another semen analysis then, not sure if he will. I have calmed down a bit after our argument the other day. I realised that me stressing puts a lot of pressure on him. I don't want him to feel like I blame him. I am feeling positive that the meds will help. Next month we going to try again using pre-seed and I'm going to chart my temp and OP.

Good luck I hope your BFP comes soon.

We were told that DH has low sperm count and all were either poor or dead. He said he cannot say impossible but if he could he would. 6 weeks later I was pregnant!

Its possible your mans sample was let to sit too long ,sperm start dying as soon as they leave the body. also sperm count and motility can fluctuate alot . congrats on your pregnancy!.

I wish that would happen to me!!! I feel AF coming on. Starts tomorrow. I'm going to really give it another try next month with pre - seed and prayers :) otherwise we back to Dr!

Still thinking about you, babyshoes. FX on your next cycle.

Thanks!! AF arrived today, was expecting it! Really have my fingers crossed for this cycle!! I am even thinking of asking Dr if I could try an hcg injection. My parents are staying with us on the weekend I ovulate. Told my hubby we will have to be quiet :)

Thanks :) my hubby came home with pre - seed today. Should I only use it the day I ovulate or before as well?

Any time, but BEWARE ! It's uhhhh SUPER slippery haha. Just use a little bit :)

My husband went for his second semen analysis and the results were the same. So meds didn't work and Dr said our only option to have a baby is ICSI. I'm so heart sore I don't know what to do. Dr said we shouldn't decide until next year. He is convinced that my husbands low sperm count is due to stress. I don't feel that it is stress but then again my husband had shingles a year ago and that Dr said it is due to stress. I want a baby but think that with time we could make it happen naturally. My husband stopped smoking but he still smokes some weed every now and then. Should I just say yes to ICSI or keep trying?

Say yes to IVF/ICSI... I don't see much point in wasting time. I've been trying IVF/ICSIs since 2005... And husband count wasn't very bad ... We started IVF and after 3 unsuccessful ones docs discover I had problem with implantation and keeping the baby... So the sooner you start ICSI the sooner you'll get pregnant (fx) or find out about other problems that need addressing...

Good luck

Hugs

My husband went for his second semen analysis and the results were the same. So meds didn't work and Dr said our only option to have a baby is ICSI. I'm so heart sore I don't know what to do. Dr said we shouldn't decide until next year. He is convinced that my husbands low sperm count is due to stress. I don't feel that it is stress but then again my husband had shingles a year ago and that Dr said it is due to stress. I want a baby but think that with time we could make it happen naturally. My husband stopped smoking but he still smokes some weed every now and then. Should I just say yes to ICSI or keep trying?

How long has he been on the meds ? just a few weeks? sometimes it can take up to 6 months to see a decent increase in count. however if you can afford IVF with ICSI and dont want to wait then I would go for it. I wish you luck in which ever you chose.

Dr said it would be pointless to try another round of injections. I just wouldn't be able to face it if we tried icsi and it didn't work. I'm so nervous. Guess we will wait and see what Dr says in Jan 2015. :( I'm so sad and angry!!! Don't feel we deserve this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->