Bad news.. Blood hcg level. *Update from scan*

Amy-x

Mummy to a princess
Reaction score
:coffee:I am only about 10/11 dpo. Had a blood test today and doctor has just rung with the result of 50 and says it is a failing pregnancy. Anyone have any reassuring stories? :( x

Was that your first or second blood test? I had my first done at 13 dpo and it was 111, so I'd say mine was around what yours was when I was 10/11 dpo, I will be 12 weeks on Monday now. Is he giving you another test? It seems a little soon to call it a failing pregnancy...

By o date I'm sure I would be very early anyway, I'm not sure due to irregular periods. And this was the first blood test and when I said about coming back in for repeat he said not to as its a failing pregnancy as numbers are too low, and excepts mc in next day or two. How far would/could I be if my last period was 2nd August and am 10/11 dpo. I only took test as I came out of hospital on a med I cannot take if pg and then the clear blue said pregnant 1-2, so I'm a bit confused. X

also hcg of 50 is good for 10.11dpo according to many searches on google xxx stay positive.

I can't believe he said it was a failing pregnancy. So premature for that.. It seems like that # is fine.

Your doctor is a d-bag. Hope you prove him wrong! Definitely too early to tell if it is a failing pregnancy.

Thank you all for your replies. I can't remember exactly what he said but he said for a level that low I would be about a week pregnant so it wouldn't even show up on a pg test, so that is why it is failing as it is far too low as there is no way I'm one week as I haven't ddt in about 2 weeks. I really hope this baby sticks. Not sure we're I go from here to be honest except stock up on same brand pg tests and see if they get darker. I have loads of IC's but not sure if they good enough to look for progression. Yeahh he was very abrupt and quite ride when I started asking questions and explaining my lmp started only 31 days ago, so I can't be far gone. Bit sad really x

yes it is hun. I would relax if you can retest in about a week xxxx id say your 4wks xxxx or something around there. very very early either way he sounds a right t$$ser xxx

I guess only time will tell :) .. Will be using all my stash of IC's over the next few days I think... Just to see if any progression shown in them, if so by next week get another digi and see what it says. If still 1-2 then maybe doc is right. And if not pregnant then doc is right, have to wait and see. Wow this is worse than the TWW!! And yes he was one of them indeed a massive one at that! X

At 10/11 DPO many pregnant women don't even have enough HCG to test positive on a HPT. (At 10 DPO around 33% of pregnant women get a BFN, at 11 DPO 20% of pregnant women get a BFN - I got these stats on countdown to pregnancy, which has a great breakdown of this info.) While HCG levels are important, what tends to be more telling is whether they are doubling the way they should. (My HCG levels were on the other end - extremely high at 5w3d @22,580 - but my doctor said this level was less important than whether it was rising appropriately.) My point is that your HCG levels sound like they are on point, and more importantly what is telling is whether they are doubling. If I were you I would have my HCG levels tested again in 48 hours to see if they are doubling, and I would get a second opinion as it sounds like your doctor could be very off base! Good luck, I hope your bean sticks!

One HCG test shows nothing. my first one with my son came back like 9 and they said the same thing. the second one came back 111 that i got 3 days later. he is 3 years old now. they have to go by if its doubling or not, not what the first number is! call him back and demand another test!

Your doctor sounds rubbish!! At 10-11 dpo, 50 hcg sounds fine to me!! He sounds like he has no clue about pregnancy - what matters is how those numbers double, so get another test!! XxxxxxxxX

agree with moom shes bang on and so are the others xxx demand another in 48hrs chick

Wow i would just find another doctor. Thatsna great number for being that early. My numbers were 39 at 11 dpo, 97 at 13 dpo, and 240 at 15 dpo. The important thing is that your numbers double. Insist on a follow up or go to someone else. Oh and by the way i got my first bfp at 10dpo. Obviously some tests work at that low of betas. The ones they use at the office arent always as sensitive as the ones we use at home so that might be why he said that about the test.

Can you go some where else and ask for a test in 48hr? I'm so sorry your doctor told you that, bless your heart. My ICs picked up my pregnancy at 8 dpo but I assumed it was an evap... I would say you are definitely pregnant and there is no reason to think at this point it is a failing pregnancy. He should really be checking your levels again anyways if he does think that.

For 3 weeks pregnant you can have a level of 5-50, for 4 weeks it is 5-426. That means you are well within the range.

I know it's got to be hard after a doctor says something like that to you, but try your best to stay positive!

50HCg at 10/11DPO is perfectly normal, that's not a sign of a failing pregnancy at all.

https://americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

"•3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
•4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
•5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
•6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
•7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
•9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
•13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
•17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
•25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
•Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
•Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml
"

Also taking multiple pregnancy test is not a good idea, no matter if they are the same brand or not. because no two test can be treated as equals none of have the same amount of dye, or the dye strips may not take the same way. Thrus causing unesssasary worry. Unless your cramping bad, or bleeding. I say kick back relax take it easy, and try and keep ur mind busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->