Bad scan experience :-(

ginab

Mummy to Maggie Mae
Reaction score
Had my 20 week scan yesterday and was very dissapointed.

Im so grateful and happy baby is fine and well which is the main thing BUT

I was so excited and nervous of seeing baby & the sonographer totally pissed on my fireworks (scuse the french) She didnt let me look at the screen so i didnt even get to see baby, she dug the scan thingy really hard into my tummy it really hurt!! But when I asked for a pic she clicked the button instantly without even looking at what she was taking a pic of and the pic is a massive blurr!!

I felt really deflated has anyone else experienced bad scan service??

Id be soooo pissed if i were you id be ringing them to complain, id be expecting another one!

thats terrible hun, my first scan they were all really great at the antinatal. People shouldnt be in this profession if they appear to have no interestand or care how people feel

Mine was the same as yours. I ended up paying for a private 4D scan at 26 weeks because I really felt like I'd missed out. xx

Id be soooo pissed if i were you id be ringing them to complain, id be expecting another one!

I don't think you'll get another one. I'm assuming it was an NHS scan, in which case they'll just say they're not for bonding or seeing baby, they're a medical procedure for checking baby's health. If they saw all they needed to and baby was fine then I really doubt the NHS would re-scan xx

I tell you what Im so angry I feel like complaining but i dont want the same woman she was so vile! I said to her i might have 4d scan and she said 'i dont recommend it' I asked why and she said because the ultrasound can harm the baby???? what the f**k? is this true?

aww thats meen. everyone wants to see there babys on screen its the best part.
my scan pics were also really rubbish i got, but least i got to see the baby on screen.
if i was u i would defo complaine. least babys doing well though so thats a good thing.

I would phone and complain hun ...xx

I would've said something right then, especially if they were hurting me. I wouldn't have waited AT ALL. I would also call and complain to the main person whoever it is, and tell them how horrible the person acted. I'm sorry it was a bad experience.

Thats just crap, call em and complain hun.....xx

A bad scan experience can be very upsetting and I would call and complain if I were you.

They might tell you that the scan isn't for you to see the baby or bond but you can point out that the sonographer hurt you and was rude to you.

I wish I had complained about the woman who did my scan with Ally. This was when I thought I was 15 weeks pregnant, she put me back down to twelve weeks, was nasty to me when I raised concerns, then agreed to date me at thirteen weeks instead, printed out a picture that looked nothing like a baby and was just rude and dismissive.

I am now certain that not only should she have realised something was badly wrong with our baby but that her inability and nastiness were responsible for us being so unprepared for what happened later on. We found out at the 20 week scan (which I am sure was actually 22 weeks into my pregnancy) that our baby had died and although I don't think she could have stopped that happening by raising concerns, she could have prepared us for it.

I really don't want to scare you or imply that anything is wrong with your baby because I don't think that. But I do think that these people going unreported can lead to experiences like mine, where an unprofessional and negligent person can overlook or ignore serious problems because their bosses don't know just how bad they are at their job.

I only realised at my 12 week scan in my following pregnancy that my son should have already looked like a baby, clearly shown on the scan and that's when I knew she had made a mistake or ignored problems with Ally. At 12-15 weeks his picture didn't look anything like a healthy baby and she should have been on red alert to problems with him not accusing me of fussing and dismissing my concerns in favour of her machines. By then she had left the hospital so I didn't complain about her. God help whoever she is treating now though at whatever hospital she's moved to.

I really do urge everybody to complain now about anything like this. They shouldn't treat anybody badly or cause them pain so the more people speaking out about bad treatment the better.

I agree with the other ladies- you should definitely call and complain. Maybe not expecting another scan, but to just prevent this woman from doing this to other mommies. I would also refuse to be scanned by her again.

How awful that they are supposed to be taking CARE of you and this sh*t happens. That just gets my preggo panties in a bundle! :growlmad:

I am sorry, hun. I know how scans can be such personal and exciting experiences for the parents, apart from the important aspect of making sure the baby is fine.

You have to insist on having them show you the baby, I swear it is irritating when they just ignore you or look at us as if we're nuts or too audacious to ask technical questions. One ultrasound technician that we went to was so quick, and like yours, she was literally banging the probe on my belly! Poor Bubs was probably squashed.

thats well bad id be p****d aswell tbh i thought mine was going to be like that yesterday as she looked like a bit of an ass but she was really nice she didn't let me look at screen all the time but when she got clear pictures such as her face with her nose and mouth she paused it and showed us same with her feet and hands, but i hadn't drunk enough and baby was lying on top of my bladder on her stomach so couldn't get the measurement so i then got to go back in after lil while of drinking some more and then she let me look properly. so like others have said i would be complaining x x x

i cant believe that! i would write a complaint 4 sure!

What a complete bitch, no one deserves to be treated like that. Seeing you baby is so special and she completely took that away and ruined the experience for you! I would be furious, please complain before she does it to some other poor soul who is excited about seeing bubs! People like that shouldn't be working with the public especially in the medical sector its bloody wrong! xxx

that is absolutely disgraceful - surely one of the best bits of the scan is to actually SEE the scan happening.

I would be gutted.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I had one when I went in for an emergency scan at 15 weeks and it was actually a doctor who was seeing me, she didn't show me the screen at all. Luckily my husband was there to see my little one wriggling around but I thought she'd show me for 5 secs at least. But, I did think well at least all is well and it isn't like it was my 20 week scan or anything.

If this happens to me at my 20 week scan I'll be livid just like you. It won't though as they have more than one screen in the Fetal medicine area - I was in emergency room for mine at 15 weeks.

Doesn't hurt to show a little compassion does it? I would defo complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->