baked beans?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
is it ok to give lucy these a small amount?

I don't see why not, Lewis used to love it when I let him lick a bit of bean juice off my finger (prior to weaning). Baked beans are really full of sugar though so you might want to try and see if they do any low sugar or sugar free.

Tinned foods generally have a lot of sodium (salt) in them to preserve them. Check the label before you give them anything.

I dont think a little bit would hurt her. Colton has had a little bit of them, cut in half (because I'm a freak over chocking :blush: )

i was just gonna add a few to mashed potatoe and a little bit of sausauage and sweetcorn as thats what we're having for dinner?

I was told by the HV that from 6 months they can eat whatever we do, as long as we don't add salt to food. I asked her about baked beans in particular coz I thought they were quite high in salt but she said as long as they only get them like 1-2 times a week its fine.

xxx

You can get reduced salt and sugar beans, I dont see the harm in giving her some, Decs loves them and he was getting them about this age (but not to often) and a good point about them they are full of Iron, which a lot of babies lack when the weaning process beings. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->