Baking help

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
So me and LO want todo some baking today, need some ideas on what we can make using plain flour, eggs and butter! X

Do you have sugar? With that you can do cupcakes or cookies!!

Yes I have sugar does it have to be caster sugar ?

Probably easier with caster but you could experiment with usual! Cookies prob better than sponge in that case tho 🍪☺

I might try the local shop and get some caster sugar ! Do you know any good online recipes ,xx

You could make shortbread if you are buying castor sugar. There was a nice & easy recipe I got from a money saving program that tastes great! :) All you need is:

114g butter

170g plain flour

60g castor sugar

Just mix the butter & sugar until fluffy & creamy

Add the flour & mix into a dough

Roll it out with a rolling pin & cut into what ever shape cookie cutters you have

Cook for 30 mins at 150 degrees centigrade or until a very light brown

Leave until completely cool otherwise they are a bit doughy when still hot

You can add chocolate chips to the mixture if you want to add a little extra or ice them (simplest & cheapest way is icing sugar & water) or even dip them in melted chocolate once cooled :) hope that all makes sense lol xx

That shortbread recipie sounds good, or just Google basic cookie recipe, once you have the basic base you can pretty much anything you fancy - I like adding some cocoa powder and choc chunks for triple choc cookies!

Thanks for this thread... It inspired me to make chocolate brownies!

All i needed was store cupboard stuff...

Plain flour
Eggs
Cocoa powder
Caster sugar
Milk choc, dark choc, white choc ( i did have to pop to the local shop to buy this!)

Scrummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->