• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balloon to injuce labor?

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies
So I'm being injuced this sunday 22nd September at 36+6 weeks. And I saw my consultant today who checked my cervix. She didnt stretch it to see how dilated I am she just had a look and said its soft but still a bit long and a bit open.

She has mentioned a method of induction that I've never heard of and it involves a catheter with a small balloon attached to it.
Its inserted into the cervix and is gently filled with saline to help the cervix dilate until they can break the waters.

Was just wondering if anyone has had this b4 and what to expect really?

Does it hurt going in or when they inflate it?
Are contractions more painful?

She did say theres a chance my cervix may be more open by sunday and then they can just go ahead and break my waters but I'm not holding my breath.
Any experiences please share.
Thanks8-[<3

Don't know but they're doing the balloon induction on me also :/ they gave me a leaflet it says Can cause mild bleeding and pain... Hence im using epo so I don't need it they can just pop my waters xx

Don't know but they're doing the balloon induction on me also :/ they gave me a leaflet it says Can cause mild bleeding and pain... Hence im using epo so I don't need it they can just pop my waters xx

I think I may invest in some evening primrose oil as well. Not sure if I've left it a bit late now tho. Do u know where u can buy it in the uk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->