Bank charges- been offedered half, not sure what to do? Updated.

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
I posted here a while back saying i was having one last stab at claiming back my bank charges.I tried ,months and months ago while the case was at court and got told no, i asked if i could claim for hardship and they said no.

However my sisters next door neighbour just claimed hers back. First she was offerd £200 (claiming for £3,200) and she refused, they kept upping it and eventually she got £4,000, an extra £800 for compensation :shock:

TBH i wasnt expecting them to offer me anything, but they have just rang and offred me £1,400 of the £2,800 I was claiming.

I dont know what to do, I feel i should try refusing but then i may end up with nothing. £1,400 would get the car put through an mot.taxed and back on the road and pay the deposit for the wedding venue and also som towards a kitchen. The money can be in my bank tomorrow if i let them know today. What would you do? :shrug:

Update: Thanks for the advice ladies, decided to go for it and acept the £1,400, I'm not a greEdy person and just greatful to get something out of it :thumbup: Will go in bank today or tomorrow x

I would take it, yeah it's a shame BUT let's face it when those charges first went you didn't think you'd ever get them back did you? It was money you paid out over a period of time and didn't expect back.

The money is useful to you NOW, waiting and hoping they up it (which they might) does mean waiting - I would just take it.

i think i would take it as well especially since its going to come in very useful

i would definitely take it!!! That money wud make a huge difference to us, as it wud to u too!

I would take it too, they may offer you say, another £600, but then again, then may not. Is it worth it? if it was me, Id take it. :flower:

Perhaps try asking them why they've offered that amount rather than the full amount you requested. Ask them if it's their best offer, so you're not saying no outright, but drawing attention to the fact that you were hoping for more. They're going to try and get away with giving you as little as possible.

Take it! After reading your thread I have done the same and currently waiting on the reply. Do you mind telling me what bank you are with? Thanks

Ooh a difficult one, I'd be torn too. But given current financial situation and that they could withdraw it completely I'd probs err towards taking it :flower:

Don't know the full story, but my cousin..when he had bank charges, told them he was thinking of switching banks etc. and they gave him it back...don't think he was like abusive or rude about it, but they don't want you to leave.

Maybe just ask why they've offered that, and if it's as good as it'll get then take it, it's better than nothing! X

Thanks all :flower: I rang back but couldnt get hold of the woman on the number so they emailed her to ring me tonight if shes still on shift or tomorrow. I'm going to accept but first I will try asking why they only offered me half and see what they say, like someone suggested :thumbup: I'm with TSB xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->