Bank transfer question

Just so you knownthat mostbanks are on the faster payment service upto £10000, this also cannot be recalled. I know coz I have worked in 2 banks both say the same thing and was working for a bank when the system was first put in place. This should b transferred across within 2 hours but is usually instant. This can b done in branch or online.
She would need to set you up as a new payee though which would mean going into branch and following the banks protocol(bank I have worked in is chip and pin and Id depending on the amount) or logging on online and setting up a payee.. You usually need your card reader and again follow bank protocol.
if she has an app some of them have pay your contact but I don't know if there is a limit on the amount, again cannot be recalled.

Thanks, this is really helpful! To set me up as a payee do I have to be there or just her?

No u don't but she will need your bank account number and sort code x

Whenever I have done online transfers they have been into an account instantly (including new payee).

They have always been instant for me. Except (sods law) when I wanted to buy a car and my dad transfered me some extra money (not a lot just a hundred) it hadn't come through 4 hours later so my dad rang them.. turns out it was horrible rotten luck and they had decided to randomly verify it. So they would be holding it for 12 (I think it was 12) hours until they released it! I was not happy. Apparently they are aloud to do that but it is rare.

My OH has sold a couple of vehicles and the money has been transferred online instantly. Same when I pay him or my childminders, but if you're not comfortable with it then ask for cash :flower: xx

My bank doesn't need you to go into the bank, you just simpily need your pin code thingy machine. It takes a few more seconds online but that's all.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. I know at work we don't take anything for cert til the working day is finished, so we wait til next day for the payment to clear

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->