bank trasnfer

RileysMummy

Reaction score
Im just about to upload some baby girls clothes for sale and wondered if bank transfers are used alot..i mean do people pay that way..as we dont have paypal atm :(
xxx

From what I understand bank transfer is more risky for the buyer. If item does not arrive then there is no comeback. Although sending a paypal gift payment is just as risky and I notice many sellers ask for the payment to be gifted to avoid fees.

Personally from experience I don't like to do bank transfers. So maybe offer to except postal orders, these can be cashed at post office and bank depending if its crossed or uncrossed. Hope this is of some help

i've done both selling and buying through bank transfers
to me if someone gives you their bank details they're less
likely to do a runner as the details are more personal

:thumbup:

Ahh thanks just found we cant do bank transfers anyhoo as we dont have internet banking...and cos we live in Germany with an english bank account cant check money in a machine..living in a diff country really does suck sometimes :( x

Personally from experience I don't like to do bank transfers. So maybe offer to except postal orders, these can be cashed at post office and bank depending if its crossed or uncrossed. Hope this is of some help

OP is in Germany, so that wouldnt work.

Do you not have family/friends with PP that you could use? Personally I have used BT for things but never for over £20. Its a matter of trust when a seller uses BT as payment method but some will use it. I know on another site I used thee was someone selling with BT and people would pay half the cost then when they got the item the other half. Showed trust with both parties then.x

I don't personally like bank transfers as I have had problems with them in the past. I tend to prefer paypal and I usually offer the buyer two prices: athe posted price if they send it as a gift payment and the posted price if they send it as payment of goods which incurs a fee. If you want to work out how much paypal will charge as a fee, then this site is really useful: -

https://www.clothnappytree.com/ppcalculator/

Alternatively, you can offer to accept a cheque or a postal order. Uncrossed postal orders can just be cashed immediately at a post office, whereas crossed postal orders act in the same way as a cheque and need to be cashed at your bank, taking the same amount of time as a cheque to clear into your account. From personal experience however, I would ask that buyers send a postal order via recorded delivery as it's easy for someone to say they have send money when they havn't - hope this helps :flower: xx

I personally wouldn't do bank transfers as I wouldn't want to give my bank account details to someone who essentially is a stranger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->