Barely any cervix left

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
So I went for my coil fitting yesterday and it took the nurse FIVE WHOLE MINUTES to find my cervix :(
I was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix when I was pregnant, had a stitch fitted and spent the rest of the time on bed rest. I had Alex by emergency c-section and had to have another cervical stitch put in then to hold everything together following the section.
Anyway the nurse said that all of that, combined with the laser surgery I'd had a few years ago (that caused the problem in the first place), has left me with virtually no cervix. She said that hopefully the coil will stay in but I may as well forget about any pregnancies in the future as there's not enough of my cervix left to even get a stitch in anymore :cry:
We'd kind of already decided that another pregnancy would be a bad idea, but half of me had always thought that once Alex is older it could be a possibility, it's a bit sad to see there's little chance of it now

:hugs: We decidedon just theone after the rhesus diesease but it sucks to be told it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->