barely there line at 6+3

Floralaura

Reaction score
Got my bfp over 2 weeks ago now..tonight I tested with a cheapie again, and the lines are fainter than they were 2 weeks ago. .like barely there. Surely they should be really dark by now? :nope:

I have absolutely no experience with this but I've read that once you get to a certain point and your levels are so high that the tests actually won't pull up a dark line. I've read to try diluting your urine and them testing and it could then come out darker. I think the tests just don't have the capability of picking up a high hcg level. I'm sure you will be fine and best of luck!!

Probably just the hook effect. Save thing happened to me. Time to stop testing.

I agree with pp. best to step away from the tests. No point in worrying yourself. Once you have got a dark BFP there isn't much point in testing again as as pregnancy progresses and Hcg levels raise pregnancy tests can become very unreliable and really aren't an indication that something is going wrong.

Yep, that's the hook effect! Basically, there's too much hcg in your urine for the test to read it correctly, so it appears fainter than it would around, say, 4 weeks. Other women have gotten around it by adding water to their urine to dilute it, but I kinda figure what's the point? If you got a positive test 2 weeks ago, you're definitely pregnant!

Definitely the hook effect! I tested it out at 7w3d and my test line was lighter then the control. That was definitely the last test I took! Lol

No need to continue to test at this point as those tests are not going to tell you at all how the pregnancy is progressing. Only scans/ultrasounds will tell you at this point.

Think its a combination of rubbish tests and the hook effect, i got good lines on a different brand today, same darkness of line on both with 1 diluted and 1 not. Feeling ok again now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->