bartholin cyst??

O

oOskittlesOo

Has anyone had one before? I'm 23 weeks and a few weeks ago, around 19 weeks I woke up with what I thought was a swollen skenes gland (a moisture gland). Went to the doctor, was put on medication, it went away. Low and behold yesterday I woke up with the same place being super swollen again, and sore. My doctor said it couldve been either just the swollen gland or a bartholin cyst.. Now that it came back I know which it is.. :wacko: wondered if anyones had them while pregnant because I've read they're more common during pregnancy. I not sure if they'll be able to remove it while I'm pregnant?? All I know is if I have to deal with this for 4 more months I'm going to be in hell.. Anyone with any expierence with this, please help me out with feeling a bit better!!

Hi, has anyone told you about hot compresses? Is it infected or is it just blocked? Either way, warm compresses a few times a day will help you. Surgery should be your last option.

i dont know hun not heard of it before id get your doctor on the phone they may be able to help more

Didnt want to read and run, but mobbed just now

check out my posts and theres one about bartholin cysts! ive been plagued with one, just off a course of metronizadole and its gone completely for the first time in months! will reply more later but hang in there! x

I've had surgery on that before - but not while preggo. I feel your pain though - it was NOT fun!

Thanks for the replies girls :)
I was on medication for it for 2 weeks- swelling went down- but 3 days after the medication was up it came back twice as bad :wacko: they drained it- so I've got a wisk (Not 100% sure if that's what it's called, like a little cathader, put in and it's draining some of the most nasty stuff :wacko: have yours come back- girls that have had one)

Oh hun im feeling your pain, i had a very similar problem which they thought was bartholin cysts, had them on both sides, took medication as soon as it stopped they came back, had them continously for two years. They never found a cure but i discovered it was a reaction to my contraception pill as they had changed an ingredient!! as soon as i came off the pill they disappeared. (not much use to you i know) i found that warm/hot compress worked the best as did loose clothes, i know how much pain they cause but dont know what else to suggest, would a salt bath help??

:dohh: that'd be horrible.. If I had this for years I think I'd just be miserable... My doctor said that once the wisk falls out to take another epsom bath with extra hot water(under my bump of course) and it should stay away!! FX!!

I found the epsom bath helped while I was waiting for surgery, but mine never went away until I had the surgery. Which seemed minor but was anything but a walk in the park.

Knocked me out for a solid 4 days and then took another week to fully recover

Thanks for the replies girls :)
I was on medication for it for 2 weeks- swelling went down- but 3 days after the medication was up it came back twice as bad :wacko: they drained it- so I've got a wisk (Not 100% sure if that's what it's called, like a little cathader, put in and it's draining some of the most nasty stuff :wacko: have yours come back- girls that have had one)

Mine have came back but I have never had a catheter/surgery...yet!

Been told Surgery is probably the best course of action once baby is here and is it bad im almost looking forward to it? Not the surgery but the outcome! The relief of hopefully never having another one again far outweighs the scares of surgery (for me anyway!)

I have noticed that mine seems to flare up with BV so Im quite careful with what I wash with, what I use in the bath etc and make OH use plain soap and not manly fragranced shower gel!

Mine have came back but I have never had a catheter/surgery...yet!

Been told Surgery is probably the best course of action once baby is here and is it bad im almost looking forward to it? Not the surgery but the outcome! The relief of hopefully never having another one again far outweighs the scares of surgery (for me anyway!)

I have noticed that mine seems to flare up with BV so Im quite careful with what I wash with, what I use in the bath etc and make OH use plain soap and not manly fragranced shower gel!
how many times have yours come back? This is go #2 but mine are the size of a golfball!!! :wacko:
I wish they couldve just removed it because I know how common now that it is to have them come back.. I've never had surgery so if it means not dealing with these I'd be more then happy!! :haha:
:thumbup: oh good advice!! Thanks hun!

I'd say about 3 times in a year before I got pregnant, then like 4 times in as many months, until I took antibiotics.

Mine definetly seems to be synonymous with bouts of BV, I'm thinking it could be because the discharge is thicker it blocks the gland and then it gets infected :growlmad:

I have kinda traced it all back though, the first time I got one, I had BV first after we got back from holiday and OH had been using Lynx shower gel everywhere, which was highly fragranced, which obviously affected me after we DTD :dohh:

After the course of metronizadole, it has gone along with the BV and touch wood, thats almost 5 weeks now without a sign of either. The doctor that prescribed the antibiotics took a swab of the fluid from the cyst and its came back as "mixed anaerobes" - the same bacteria that cause BV, so I was right !!

Hope you get yours sorted but dont give up! I had to go to a GUM clinic after my GP kept dismissing the problem.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->