Batch/Freezer Cooking

Equreuil

Reaction score
Anyone else planning on doing so? If so, what kinds of things do you have planned?

I've done it in the past, so I know how useful it can be. Being obsessed with Pinterest, I have a few different sets of recipes pinned. I'm going to wait until I'll a little closer to being due before doing a big grocery shop and spending a day destroying my kitchen with all of this cooking. LOL.

So far I'll be doing:

beef stew
Beef & veggie soup
Hawaiian Chicken
Goulash
Meatballs (I have a couple different types)
Sausage and Peppers
Chicken Fajitas
Enchiladas (both chicken w/ green sauce and beef w/ red sauce)
Jambalaya Bake
Lasagna

Also going to do up a bunch of breakfast burritos and wrap them up really well for easy mornings. I've also come across a french toast casserole that I want to see if it does well with being frozen.

And now that I think about... if I do two of each of the above, that should be enough to get me through almost a month. I usually only cook 3 to 4 days a week as is, factoring in leftovers days, the occasional take and bake pizza, or meal out.

I find it useful to do a batch of mince, onions and stock then freeze in portions. this can be made into a variety of dinner by reheating and adding one or two storecupboard ingredients (eg tin of tomatoes and beans for chilli, mash a ptato for shepherds pie, base for enchiladas, lasagne etc)

If you want breakfasts bag up fruit for individual smoothies then blend with yoghurt from frozen.

It's a really good idea if your freezer is big enough - mine would not fit that much food in!

We've got a small deep freezer that works well for this kind of thing. I've got a bunch of stuff in it that will go into some of my list to make more space, as well.

I'm starting to figure out recipes too. Probably will do up a few batches of chili, soup, pasta....always looking for more ideas!

I always have spag bol/chilli/cottage pie/pasta sauce frozen in the freezer x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->