• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bath question

Skywalker

Reaction score
I know that hot baths are not good for pregnancy as they can raise core body temperature but what about the actual cleanliness of the bathtub itself? Can water travel from your vagina and contact your baby? Sorry I feel so naive asking this. My tub ISN'T really dirty but before being pregnant I would wash it out with chemicals more often than I do now. I don't know what is more dangerous - just cleaning it with a very very hot extendable shower head and cloth like I've been doing, or cleaning it with my heavy-duty cleaning chemicals. My tub is plastic so I fear that it probably retains some of the chemicals even when I rinse the tub really well. Like I say, my tub definitely isn't very dirty but I do like to wash it out because I mean, we STAND in there when we shower and OH and I have both had bouts of foot fungus at various points in time (sorry TMI! It happens when you wear boots all the time!) So that's my question! I really want to take a bath right now but not sure if I should chemical it up or just rinse it will really really hot water again (our water gets scalding, like hot enough to cause a serious burn, so when I say really hot, I mean like, it can probably make the thing sterile lol)

Phew! So good to know! Thank you :hugs: :kiss: For a while I was taking baths very cautiously, warm and not hot of course, but I was in there and started thinking about feet and was like, "Gross!" and had to get out, didn't go back since lol. Yay! I'm going to go take a bath! Woohoo! :happydance: :dance:

Yeah you are fine, plus it has to be really pretty hot to raise your core temp so don't worry too much about that. Baths are amazing for aches :)

Yeah you are fine, plus it has to be really pretty hot to raise your core temp so don't worry too much about that. Baths are amazing for aches :)

Yes they definitely are! That's why I wanted one so bad, because this week my tailbone started hurting. I sit a lot at work and I think that has something to do with it. I've worked at this job for a while and I'm only starting to have tailbone problems right now so I'm thinking it's probably something to do with that pregnancy hormone relaxin? Ugh, not fun :p Bath time! I can't get off the boards, too addicting!

I always used to have hot baths when i was pregnant with my first i loved them as i had bad back ache.. I think hot baths were my cravings lol.

Im the same for cleaning the bath before I get in, always have been. I now just use antibacteria cleaner then give it a good rinse.

I love to have a nice soak when my body aches. I usually use essencial oils in my bath water (like lavender, which is also a antibactrial but thats not why I add it, i just love the relaxing smell). Im not sure if they are ok to use when pregnant though so I have been using baby bubble bath which makes me all warm and fuzzy inside thinking of baba :)

Sometimes I just spray my tub down with vinegar - it kills bacteria and is 100% safe and natural.

mmmm I love baths! They really help me relax after a stressful day!!

And no, that's old thinking that that can happen ;) but its ok to ask :haha: your cervix is also closed too :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->