Bathing and changing your LO's underwear for school...when?

Good grief, am I the only mother in the world in space who only bathes their child once a week? How do you all afford all the hot water?

I'm with u Rachel, I couldn't afford to fill the bath every night for especially as she likes it very deep :)

When my first was very little, we didn't bath her nightly at all either, but DD2 was a MESSY MESSY little girl, especially during toddler years learning to eat. So we got into more of a nightly or near nightly bath routine. Now DS is a toddler, and while he's not quite as constantly messy as his sister (often just a washcloth can clean him up), we're still on a similar routine. DD1 now opts for showers, and we let it be her choice (except for soccer days in which I insist!)

You don't have to fill too full if you throw in lots of toys usually :)

We bath most nights, into pyjamas but she still wears disposable pants as not quite dry at night. Then fresh knickers each morning. She wears the same pyjamas until they're too dirty from breakfast etc.

It is actually advised not to wear knickers for a while to allow breathing as continually wearing knickers can help urinary tract infections and thrush to grow. We were told by doctors as children (well my mum was) to not put knickers on at bed time to allow the chance 'to air'. We never wore knickers with night dresses/pyjamas so I'll do the same with LO once she's 100% dry at night.

I don't wear knickers but still wear the same pjs for a few days. i don't think its an issue to not wear knickers and still wearing the same pyjamas for a few days.

Bath in the evening, clean pants on after, then clean pants again in the morning. I wouldn't wear the same pants I'd slept in so I change Lucas's too.

ETA: He doesn't bathe every evening mind, he has severe eczema so his poor little skin would likely float off! He usually has two a week.

I change underwear after bath and in the morning. I didn't realise sleeping underwear less was so common lol

I bath them every other day unless necessary lol

Bath at night and no pants just pj's, then clean knickers in the morning

I bath at night and don't put underwear on them.

However they do occasionally ask for it....and I will change that in the morning?

Bath at night, into pjs (no underwear). Clean knickers in the morning.

Bath at night- every 1-2 nights/as needed. No undies for sleep! Fresh ones with fresh clothes in the am

Good grief, am I the only mother in the world in space who only bathes their child once a week? How do you all afford all the hot water?

I wish I could get away with once a week, my kids would be filthy if I left them a week :haha:

I never knew people slept without underwear under their PJs......you learn something new everyday. My oldest still wears pulls up to bed as not fully dry at night so hadn't even given this a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->