• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BAW Wednesday!!

Morning,
Still half asleep, as i had to be at work at 8:30 this morning to prep fora 9 o'clock meeting (not happy!!). Usually i start at 9:30 so you can see my issue here. It does mean that i get to leave at 4:30 which is good.
Feeling quite positive again today. Don't you just hate it how one day your down in the dumps, thinking I'll never have a child and then the next,really positive. Damn hormones, wish they'd sort themselves out. They're also turning me into a spotty freak which is driving me nuts at the moment.

How about you? Good Evening?

yeah not too bad thanks, Mum came around and we had a drink in the garden. Watched TV and before I knew it, it was 1am!!! So feeling a bit sleepy today. But on the good side DF is back tonight, and think Im getting late OV pains... i think.... Do you think its possible to OV on day 19??

yeah your DF is back tonight :happydance:

In regards to your possible late OV, i think anything is possible. The last couple of days I've also had OV pains and today i feel a bit crampy. I'm on CD22 so who knows what's going on down there.

We can both be sleepy together today!!!

Sounds like a plan hun!! Ive never really noticed OV pains before.

Sorry if TMI but just went to the loo and i have tons of EWCM so looks like i am ovulating A week late, so looks like AF will show her ugly face during week one of my holiday. :hissy: Was really hoping it was going to be ontime before my holiday, i know it was a lot to ask being the first month after mc.

Ohh thats not good news hun... But you never know it may come abit earlier
Fingers crossed the :witch: comes before hols. Im not soo clued up about OV but does that mean you should get the :witch: 14 days after OV??? Sorry all the q's but I never really looked into it all that indepth!! :rofl:

Usually i have got the :witch: 2 weeks after ovulating. So assuming i have a normal cycle length this time then it looks like it will be during first week of hols. It sucks that it will be during holiday, but a little part of me will be pleased to see the :witch: as i know that i can TTC again. After all there is always week 2 to :sex:

Lots of :sex: :sex: :sex: tonight then!!!! :rofl: for both of us!!

If only, visiting the inlaws tonight, so don't think they'd appreciate us slipping into the other room whilst there. But then again that could be exciting..hehehe!!!!

:rofl: They always say its the THRILL of getting caught!! Errrrmmm what about when you get home??

Will probably be flaked out by then. but then again i could just lie there :rofl:

Maybe hun... She was feeling abit down yesterday I hope shes ok. I also haven't seen Abi on B****Y since that first day.

Hiya chicks, I am here! Just been busy this morning and boss been lurking around so daren't pop on much!! I am still fed up today, AF continuing in same way so god knows how long this is going to be!!

I found this information which tells you a lot Kerry, when I started thinking about it after we mentioned it yesterday I started to worry that I actually had no clue about menstrual cycles so I googled, this is from ask baby.com it is really interesting and I found out loads I didn't know!! (can't believe I have been a woman for the last almost 39 years and not bothered to find out!!)

A woman's menstrual cycle is affected by a complex interplay of hormones that prepare the body for ovulation. By understanding the different phases of the menstrual cycle you can begin to build up a picture of your own fertility pattern and consequently your time of peak fertility when you are most likely to conceive.

The first day of your period is considered to be day one of your menstrual cycle and although a 'typical' cycle is considered to be 29 days in length, this varies greatly between women with anything between 25-34 days being considered 'normal'. Cycle length can also vary from month to month, with up to 8 days variation between cycles still considered as a regular menstrual cycle.

There are two distinct phases of the menstrual cycle, the follicular phase and the luteal phase. These are separated by ovulation and so are often known as the pre-ovulation and post-ovulation phases respectively.

The start of the follicular phase coincides with the first day of the menstrual cycle and encompasses the time of menstrual bleeding. This phase is known as the pre-ovulation phase because it is the hormonal changes that happen during this time that prepare the body for, and eventually lead to ovulation. The length of the follicular phase can vary greatly between cycles as it is dependent on the development of egg bearing follicles in the ovaries - typically it can last anywhere between 13 and 18 days.

During the follicular phase the pituitary gland releases FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) which causes ovarian follicles to develop. Eventually one of these follicles becomes dominant and releases an egg. The maturation of the dominant follicle leading up to ovulation causes an associated increase in the hormone oestrogen. This in turn causes cervical mucus to become more facilitating to the movement of sperm and a thickening and nourishment of the lining of the uterus.

Your fertility increases throughout the follicular phase with the most fertile time considered to span 5 days before and 2 days after ovulation, with the most fertile day being the one before you ovulate. This is because the egg can be fertilised for up to 48 hours after leaving the follicle and sperm is able to survive in your body for between 3 and 7 days after being released.

The end of the follicular phase is marked by ovulation. While this typically occurs mid-cycle, its timing depends on the length of the follicular phase. Once oestrogen production reaches a certain level, it signals to the pituitary gland that the egg is now ready to be released by the dominant follicle. The pituitary gland then produces the hormone LH (luteinising hormone) which triggers ovulation. The egg is released into the fallopian tube where it is ready to be fertilised by sperm.

As ovulation marks the end of the follicular phase, it also marks the start of the luteal phase. This phase is known as such because of the key role the corpus luteum plays in this part of the menstrual cycle. The corpus luteum is the now empty dominant follicle that released the egg. After ovulation it releases the hormone progesterone which maintains the receptive uterine environment in case of fertilisation and implantation.

If the egg is fertilised and implants in the uterus, the corpus luteum will continue to produce progesterone to nourish the embryo until the placenta begins to develop at the start of the second trimester. However, if the egg is not fertilised and does not implant, the corpus luteum will disintegrate after approximately two weeks, causing the drop in progesterone levels that signals the start of menstruation and the beginning of a new cycle.

Although the length of the luteal phase varies between women and can be anywhere between 12 and 16 days on average, it is this phase of the menstrual cycle that remains constant (i.e. always lasts 15 days). If an egg is not fertilised within 24-48 hours of ovulation, the rest of the luteal phase is considered to be relatively infertile.

Methods of charting the phases of the menstrual cycle can help you to predict when ovulation occurs. These include charting your basal body temperature (BBT - this tells you when ovulation has occurred), cervical mucus and cervical position (these help to predict when ovulation will occur). Additionally, hormone testing kits are also available to help you work out when you are most likely to conceive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->