BBAP Big Beautiful & Pregnant Support Group!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Hey girls, I know there is a group to post your bump pics, but I thought it would be nice to have somewhere for support and discussion :)

I am big, mostly always have been, I am the same size I was when pregnant with my 2nd daughter 3 years ago, but I have my first GP appointment today to book in I know I am about to get all the disapproving looks all over again like last time!

I sailed through pregnancy both times with no problems at all :)

Hopefully I will do the same this time round !

Hi Taperjeangirl :wave:

I'm a big gal too. I had a bmi of 31 when I was first pregnant with Holly, but I know I'm bigger now as I still can't fit into my pre preg clothes :blush: I'm dreading my first appointment as I know I'll get a lecture. I'm also dreading my weigh in as I have no idea how much I weigh now! Ignorance is bliss :haha:

LOL hiya and congrats!!
Same here, last time i told them I didn't want to know my weight, just write it down and don't tell me!!

I think i was only weighed twice my whole pregnancy with Daisy so here's hoping !

Every appointment I had they expected high blood pressure or sugar in my urine and got nothing, it was a perfectly normal pregnancy :D

This is my first pregnancy, and I am 5'4 and about a size 18 US. I have been working with my OBGYN TTC and he has never expressed concern, so I at least feel I'll have support there, which is most important. I have not seen him for this pregnancy yet, he's just been sending me for blood tests until I get over 2,000 in my betas... I don't like to wait, HA this whole process will be a test of my patience!

I am worried about maternity clothes though, where do you get maternity clothes for plus sized women?

Yeah, my pregnancy was fine too. I was paranoid about getting GD or something, but it never happened.

Hi Clovermouse! In the UK you can buy maternity clothes up to a size 18 (US size 22) in the shops. I'm pretty sure there would be US stores that cater for larger sizes. I'm slightly concerned I won't be able to find anything to fit - I needed a size 18 last time and am bigger now :blush: I guess you can get stuff online too.

Congratulations Clover Mouse!!!

I bought all my maternity stuff last time from NEXT, Simply be, New Look, Asos, mostly just bought maternity jeans/trousers and normal floatier tops!

My jeans are starting to feel tight already :wacko: Could be the amount of munching I'm doing!!
I usually lose 1-2 stones during the morning sickness phase though!
I think I'll just stock up on leggings this time round though, comfy and will fit the whole pregnancy!

I wish I lost weight during MS. Last time I just felt sick all the time, without actually being sick! I haven't really got any symptoms yet, getting a bit paranoid lol.

Leggings are a good idea, so much comfier than other stuff. I feel too self conscious to wear them though, I'm a silly sod :haha: I find the tops a lot easier than the bottoms. In fact, I'm still wearing my maternity tops and have been since having Holly :blush:

I'm self concious about leggings too but I usually wear a dress over them and recently UGGS so only actually see a tiny bit of my legs!

This will be all I'm wearing this pregnancy! Dreading summer :wacko:

Leggings, yes, I am terrified to wear them, I remember my mom and her friends in those with their oversized t-shirts and whatnot, Everytime I think I'll give em a try I put them on and feel like my mom. I was looking at a sweater dress the other day though and it would be cute with leggings, and comfy! I havent even weighed myself yet to see where I started... I'm afraid to! They'll do that soon enough I suppose.

I am worried about summer too! I wear jeans all summer generally, and short sleeve or 3/4 length shirts, I might break that mold depending, I assume I'll be roasting!

i have a few maxi dresses, they will look like huge tents with a bump under them but i suppose that will have to do!

I just remembered a positive experience i had when I was first pregnant with Daisy, a GP i seen I explained that I was worried about weight gain etc and he said to me that bigger women generally as a rule have healthier pregnancies and births!

I don't know if he was just telling me that to make me feel better but it worked!

Good to know!
Ugh I might be a size 2 before long, morning sickness is starting to kick in, and I dont want to eat... ever lol
Yeah right.. a 2 HA! they'd have to break and reshape my bones!

Yeah right.. a 2 HA! they'd have to break and reshape my bones!

:rofl: Sorry your getting MS already though - it sucks.

I heard that bigger women gain less weight when pregnant. I gained about a stone and a half (21 lbs). I have a skinny friend that gained 4 stone! She's skinny again though, and I'm still a chubster :haha:

I'm worried about the summer too, maxi dresses are a good idea though.

Maxi dresses will be wonderful! Wonder what size I'll be wearing and If I should buy some one clearance now

Soo tell me about yourselves...
Me: 27 pregnant with baby #1
Dh is 29, we've been together 10 years, married 5 in March

He keeps referring to the baby as the poppyseed because I showed him my ticker lol

I'm Sarah, age 31. My DH is 35 today! We've been married just over 2 years and this is our second LO. I also have a 14 year old stepdaughter. These babies were conceived after a vasectomy reversal so are a bit of a miracle :D

awww lovely to meet you both!

Clover , how long have you been TTC?

Sarah, so lovely! They are miracle babies!

I am Andrea, I am 33 , OH same age, only 8 hours between us! and already have 2 girls, one is 15 and the other is 3, huge age gap I know!

So this will be my third, everyone is thinking boy!!!

Andrea, I'm finding a big age gap quite useful. My SD lives with us, and my DH works every every other week so at least I can use SD to watch Holly when I need to get stuff done. Don't think she likes it much when Holly's in an annoying mood though :haha:

How are you feeling today ladies?

Hi ladies wondered if I could join you :flower:
Im 26 expecting #3 after 1:angel: earlier this year, DS is 4 and OH is 30, praying this one is a sticky baby, booked at the Drs who gave me all the talk about been a bigger mummy and to watch what I ate etc etc dreading the MW appointment as they really laid into me with DS (i was bigger then though) lost about 2stone, probably lose a whole load more if this bubba is anything like DS with all day sickness :haha:

Hi mummy2one, congrats and welcome to the club! :wave: I hope your lil beanie is a sticky one too, so sorry for your earlier loss :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->