BBC News Story: Mother labelled as tramp for breastfeeding in public

ClaireJ23

Mum of 3 under 3
Reaction score
Shocking, what do you think?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-26519660

I hope lots of people turn up to support her...I just can't understand some people's reaction to bf, especially in that pic you can hardly even tell she's doing it!

Yes, she's just enjoying a bit of sunshine but she's being really discreet. There are laws against breastfeeding discrimination.

Heard about this.. One of my fb friends has organised a bf sit in in support for her

Does anybody else think the person who took the picture must be a freak?? He's the one that needs to be labelled!!

Yeh it's a pretty weird and obsessive attitude to be so upset by it you need to photograph her. Even if you're not comfortable with seeing people breastfeed, this woman was totally discrete, it's not like she removed her shirt which might have attracted some attention.

This is just over an hours drive from me, I am hoping to attend the BF protest.

Horrible! What is wrong with people! Her and her bub are enjoying some sunshine while bub feeds. Just shocking there are such horrible people in the world, trying to make a poor example of a mother like that. The person who took the pic is a creep.

Where do you live Sue? Rugeley is my hometown, I live in Perth at the moment though, so cannot attend :(

I saw this, I would love to attend but too far to go for me :-(.
Disgusting attitude! On the same day I was sitting in my town by the market doing the same thing!
It seems that the divide of attitudes is becoming worse, more people are finally agreeing that its ok but the ones who are negative are becoming worse! (hope what im trying to say makes sense sooo tired today!)
I'm so glad this is being covered by the news, lets just hope this has the impact that's needed and doesn't cause any more negative attitudes, I just feel so sad that it is necessary :-(

Becki x

Yes, I hope the guy who took the picture is named and totally shamed for this.

The weird thing is to me I can't even tell she's feeding. She just looks like she's cuddling her baby. It's things like this that make people really scared to feed in public.

I can't believe someone actually took a photo! :nope: She's so discreet, I don't know why anyone would care where she breastfeeds.

Even if she wasn't being 'discreet' enough, some random perv doesn't have the right to attempt to shame a mother trying to feed her baby.

I can't believe people get so worked up about something that doesn't affect them at all.

"Oh my god, I just caught a slight glimpse of stretch-marked side boob! What if I saw a nipple!?!? The humanity!" And then you look away and your day continues as normal.

If I didnt know what the pic was about I dont know if id even realise she was bf. The person who took the pic must have a very Sad existence.

The Facebook group for this came up on my newsfeed as my friend is attending. When I was looking at it yesterday it was mentioned that it was mostly likely a girl that worked there that did it, they named the girl and the manager was trying to get in touch with her. Not sure if the comments were later deleted. So it wasn't a "perv" by the sound of it....just a little cow....

They need to publicize and shame the person who took the picture and called that mom a tramp. Ugh.

Pleased to see this discussed on channel 4 tonight on the last leg comedy show. Very pro breastfeeding and very negative of the person who took the picture :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->